Plant Manager Location: ( Aldridge, UK )
Eaton in Aldridge is the world leading manufacturer of electrical thread conversion equipment for use in potentially explosive hazardous areas. The plant has currently 50 employees. More information: www.raxton.co.uk.
The position leads and manages the operations team to ensure customer requirements are fully satisfied whilst operating within budgeted expenditure levels.
Plans, directs and develops all activities related to manufacturing and the site management of the plant. The position includes both strategic and tactical responsibility for the operations side of IM Business in Aldridge.
- Recommends, develops and pursues long term growth objectives and plans for the assigned family (Certified and Industrial cable entries accessories) of Products.
- Identifies and recommends new products for development and/or private branding.
- Implement and effectively coordinate the product manufacturing process to ensure timing of product introduction and acceptance in the market.
- Recommend and initiate changes or deletions in current products and pricing necessary to maintain and increase sales and profits.
- Provide leadership to the operations team on all aspects related to the manufacturing of our products, to fulfil our customers’ needs in the most efficient and profitable way.
- Directs and develops the teams and operating procedures to ensure customer service performance measured through quality, cost and delivery is continuously improved.
- Drive to meet the On Time Delivery targets by putting in place the needed production capacity, resources and systems.
- Co-ordinate activities of the team to optimise cost performance of the plant through capital investment programmes, optimising operating working capital usage and minimising waste.
- Interacts closely with the LSD Operations team to adopt best practice and adopt all relevant Eaton metrics and analysis tools.
- Provides strategic input on 'make' versus 'buy' decisions.
- Provides design for manufacturing input at early stages in the New Product Development process, including prototype/first batch design and build. Co-ordinate with New Product Development Team to implement new and revised designs through developing effective processes to optimise cost and quality.
- Provides input to and support of strategic initiatives.
- Plans for improvement in both customer service levels and costs to provide product to customers.
- Drives the implementations 5S, Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma methodology within the plant.
- Personally involved in quality improvement.
- Develops and implements effective systems to measure and improve performance while reducing cost.
- Develops with HR an environment conducive to personal learning and development ensuring all team members are fully informed and equipped to deliver maximum performance.
- Ensures that all plant processes and activities are managed in a manner which maximises team member safety and complies with all relevant environmental and Health & Safety Legislation.
- Drives Environmental Health & Safety (OSHME) programme thought out the Operations team and develops a strong EH&S culture.
What we are looking for:
- Degree or similar.
- General business management to ensure close collaboration with both Sales & Marketing Director and Plant Controller.
- Experience in managing product standards and conformance is preferred.
- Knowledge of both Supply Chain and Operations management.
- Project management.
What we offer:
- Excellent working environment – safety and ethic are really important for us
- Learning & Development - We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University
- At Eaton, promoting gender equality is central to our vision of creating a truly diverse and inclusive business where everyone matters, and everyone belongs.
- Challenging projects in dynamic environment
Please apply directly via:
Eaton’s mission is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic, and mechanical power – more safely, more efficiently, and more reliably. Eaton’s 2019 revenues were $21.4 billion, and we sell products to customers in more than 175 countries. We have approximately 101,000 employees. For more information, visit www.eaton.com.
Candidate applying to the vacancy will be subject of the background screening