Breakthrough technology is vital for strengthening the UK’s Defence and Homeland Security. As a Physicist at Awerian, you will be at the forefront of this innovation race to defend and protect the UK from the latest technological and cyber threats.
Your work will have a real-world impact. You will get to explore pioneering concepts by collaborating with elite multi-disciplinary teams of highly educated and skilled scientists, engineers, and designers. It’s a fantastically challenging, varied and agile role.
You will see ideas become a reality through the development of prototypes using Awerian’s rapid approach to design and implementation. This will involve all aspects of technology and product development – from invention, analysis, and computational modelling through to prototype design and the transfer to manufacturing.
Whether you’re working to solve complex problems or enjoying a eureka moment – your work will make an immediate impact on our widely varied projects. You will approach challenges by getting to the heart of the problem and using your deep physics knowledge to search for solutions. If you have an insatiable curiosity and demonstrable skills in applying fundamental physics to real-world scenarios, you will thrive here. You will be kept busy generating theoretical models and collecting empirical evidence through research, modelling and hands-on experimentation.
The projects and typical work will cover areas such as:
- analytical, numerical, and finite element simulation,
- thermal systems, including aviation and maritime, as well as chemical and materials processes,
- optics, including propagation, imaging systems, fibre optics, lasers, fluorescence imaging and interaction of light with real-world surfaces,
- electromagnetics, including propagation, penetration, interference and interaction with electronics,
- acoustics, including haptics and acoustic communications and,
- fluid analysis, including droplet and aerosol formation, particle dispersion, fluid flow and microfluidics.
An interest or experience in Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning is also welcome.
You will have a track record of academic excellence, hold a relevant degree, and have proven technical capabilities with relevant professional experience as a Physicist.
We are keen to hear from Physicists with experience in any sector.
Awerian is no ordinary research and development consultancy. The organisation is an employee-owned business; you will work at our smart and well-equipped offices and laboratories based just outside of Cambridge. Immediately you will be encouraged to share and implement your ideas - there’s no ‘newbie’ status, and you’ll benefit from our culture of freedom.
TTP Group is an employee-owned trust. With little hierarchy, there are no corporate hoops to jump through. This, along with our flat structure, encourages mutual support, teamwork, and innovation. It also creates unique opportunities to develop skills in project leadership and client management to keep your professional development on track.
Awerian are continuing their rapid growth plan, making this a great time to join our multi-disciplinary team. You will be part of building on our successful track record and develop your career at the cutting edge of technology. You will be supported by our team of experts. We’re a business of individuals – however, our curiosity brings us together and it drives what we do. Whether you’re leading a project or part of a team, the whole structure of Awerian is designed to help you connect, thrive, develop your expertise and career.
Joining Awerian means you’ll enjoy our fantastic employee benefits including:
- Lunch, snacks, and refreshments provided
- Employer pension contribution of 12% (of pensionable salary +3% personal contribution)
- Private medical insurance for you and your family & Life insurance
- 25 days annual holiday plus bank holidays
- A comprehensive relocation package is available, if applicable
- Electric Vehicle leasing & Cycle to Work scheme
- Access to TTP Group social and sport clubs
- Discounts and memberships to local sports facilities and the theatre
So, if you’re ready to create the extraordinary at the forefront of UK homeland security; apply today.
You will need to be eligible for UK security clearance
This role is not eligible for UKVI sponsorship visa scheme
To Apply, please click the link below:
All applicants will receive a response.
Closing Date: 21st August 2022