THE SYSTEMS YOU WILL BE WORKING ON
Our mixing consoles can perform complex audio processing and mixing on hundreds of simultaneous audio channels with very low latency. To do this they have very high-speed audio engines implemented in hardware and firmware. You will be responsible for the layout and tracking of the multitude of complex, high speed, mixed signal PCB’s that form the heart of our mixing consoles. You will be interpreting schematics and layouts of multi-layer PCB’s and adhere to strict design rules for signal integrity, reliability, and manufacturability, working at the forefront of PCB technology in this exciting industry.
YOUR ROLE WILL INVOLVE:
Reporting to the Technical Director you will be responsible for the design and development of the PCB designs for high-end audio mixing desks and associated products. This will include:
- Performing all PCB layout design activities including schematic review, part library creation, component placement, routing, and Gerber generation
- Create, modify, and maintain part libraries based on component datasheets and drawings.
- Create PCB design package including Gerber, fabrication drawings, assembly drawings and other design files for PCB fabrication and PCB assembly.
- The setup and maintenance of Design Rule Checks (DRC)
- Work with the Hardware Engineers to ensure PCB layouts meet design requirements.
- Provide quick turnaround placement and route analysis for design feasibility studies.
- Work with PCB fabricators to resolve DFM or any other manufacturing related issues.
- Liaise with the mechanical CAD team to ensure PCB compatibility with enclosures and fixings.
YOU MUST HAVE:
- 3-5 years+ in PCB/hardware design
- High speed, high density and high layer count PCB design and layout experience
- PCB design experience with high-speed serial communication interfaces such as SERDES, SATA, PCIe, Gigabit Ethernet and USB.
- PCB design experience with PCIe, DDR2/3/4 and I2C/SPI interfaces
- PCB layout experience for impedance-controlled design
- Competent in reading schematics and using schematics as a layout reference.
- Experience with placement techniques for controlled impedance stacks, signal integrity, multilayer design, and power plane sizing
- Familiar with PCB fabrication assembly processes Interested in and willing to learn about audio systems.
You will probably have a qualification in engineering, with strong emphasis on electronics; or if not be able to demonstrate a corresponding level of understanding and expertise gained through an alternative life-path. A background or interest in the pro-audio industry would also be very useful.
For a full Job Specification and salary range, or to forward a CV and letter of application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org