Do you want to play a role in solving global energy challenges for future generations?
At Aker Solutions we are committed to helping the energy industry and broader society #PowerTheChange towards a low-carbon future. We are changemakers and problem solvers with more than 180 years of experience. Our ambitions are high. By 2030, renewables and low-carbon solutions for oil and gas will make up two-thirds of our business. Do you want to be a part of driving the transition?
Our Mechanical department in Fornebu is now looking for a Package Responsible Engineer - Mechanical.
We are specialists in managing large projects from feasibility studies and conceptual engineering, through FEED and detailed engineering.
Engineering is executing major projects across the globe in both oil and gas and renewables sector. This includes Norway’s ground-breaking Brevik carbon capture project, as well as delivering engineering and design for Northern Lights, the world’s first CO₂ storage facility on the Norwegian Continental Shelf. Further we are studying the design and delivery of hydrogen and ammonia projects.
As part of a strategic alliance, we are also working on a large digitalization project as part of the development of the NOA oil and gas field offshore Norway, whilst pioneering new digital solutions to make operations safer and more efficient.
What will you be doing?
You will be responsible for mechanical equipment (utility / process packages, pumps or static equipment) in all phases of projects (studies, FEED's and execution).
Typical equipment packages you will handle are: chemical injection, electro chlorination, produced water treatment, sand treatment, sulfate removal unit, hose loading station, freshwater maker, misc pressure vessels, air compressors, process & utility pumps etc.
You will be taking the following tasks:
- Evaluating mechanical equipment technology
- Equipment selection and configuration
- Writing specifications and datasheets for mechanical equipment packages
- Multidiscipline cooperation
- Acting as package responsible engineer (PRE) for mechanical equipment packages incl. bid evaluation, supplier coordination and follow-up, coordination of internal disciplines, interaction with procurement and client, testing and mechanical completion activities
We think you should have:
- BSc or MSc’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or other relevant Engineering areas
- 5-10 years of versatile and extensive experience with mechanical equipment in oil and gas industry (preferably greenfield / offshore) and/or process industry
- Extensive experience with mechanical equipment packages in all phases of projects (studies, FEED's and execution)
- Good knowledge of relevant international standards, client standards and preferably NORSOK standards
- Good communication skills and a proactive work approach are required
- Experience from early phase / study projects is an advantage
- Multidiscipline understanding
- Flexibility to travel in periods
More reasons to work with us:
- Professional development and excellent career opportunities with the chance to work on a wide variety of projects ranging from oil and gas, renewables (carbon capture, hydrogen and offshore wind) to aqua culture
- A healthy work-life balance with flexible working conditions throughout the different phases of your life journey
- Competitive pay and benefits with excellent pension and insurance schemes as well as private health services provided by Aker Care
- Access to welfare club with free gym facilities, sports equipment hire and cabins for rent in the mountains and by the sea
- Possibility to work remotely/from home 1-3 days per week
- The opportunity to become a part of our Young Solutioneers, an international employee network that brings together our young talents for professional development, networking and fun
Interested? Contact us.
For more information about the position, please contact: Magdalena Peczek, NES Advantage Recruiter, at firstname.lastname@example.org.