The Manufacturing Operations Director leads and directs the Manufacturing and Operations Function within a business unit or a group of businesses. Ensures appropriate resources to achieve financial and business objectives. Influences, shapes and integrates strategy for functional areas and participates in setting a growth strategy for the business that is consistent with corporate goals.
This is a multifaceted role and as part of a matrix structure you will report into the Site Leader and form part of the Senior Leadership Team.
- Leads and directs the manufacturing and operation units to obtain optimum productivity, while reaching strategic goals
- Provides general logistics support to manufacturing floor such as processing material requisitions, sub-assembly paperwork closure and material relocation
- Defines and integrates strategy for functional area(s) to effectively meet business objectives
- Provides managerial and technical solutions to a variety of complex issues
- Defines processes and procedures to drive the manufacturing and operation units efficiently and effectively, while ensuring department budget is met
- Leads and directs work for team of employees as defined by business needs
- Manages staff selection, performance, development and training processes to ensure team competencies and capabilities to reach the business goals and expectations
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Post-Secondary degree or equivalent of relevant education and work experience
- Skilled in manufacturing processes of aerospace or automotive industry and experience in Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma process improvements
- Evidence/proven track record of driving change transformation and strategy execution to achieve specific business results.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a team player with a positive approach
- Experience in composites Industry
- Experience in an Aerospace, Aviation and or Space industry.
Why Meggitt PLC?
Meggitt PLC is a global engineering group specializing in extreme environment products and smart sub-systems for aerospace, defence and energy markets. We employ over 11,000 people across manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe, North America, with regional bases in India and the Middle East.
Meggitt Polymers and Composites is managed via three value streams, Fuel Containment & Systems, Sealing Solutions and Advanced Composites, we are the market-leaders in life-saving flexible, ballistically-resistant and crashworthy fuel cells and systems for military jets and rotorcraft; mission-critical leak proof sealant for aircraft fuel storage cavities including wet wings; electro-thermal ice protection for complex rotorcraft structures; advanced high performance secondary composite structures for engines and airframes; and extreme environment sealing solutions for aero-engines, nacelles, wings and doors.
We are delighted to consider flexible working arrangements, offer various family friendly policies including enhanced maternity pay, paternity leave, and have a great benefits package which includes an income protection scheme and free life insurance. We also support personal development and will provide training to help you develop your career globally within the Aerospace industry.
To apply please send your cv to MPS.HR@meggitt.com for the attention of Sarah Mackay.