As a Motor Repair Specialist, you will be thinking about how to evolve our repair strategy, anticipating future trends and improving current business models. Using critical thinking to share new insight across the business and stretch people’s creativity about what is possible, the role enables the future technology needs to be planned and prepared for, keeping our business fit for the future.
A key part of this role will be collaborating closely internally to optimise our use of the Tech Centre by ensuring we fully understand new technology both theoretically and practically.
What being a Motor Repair Specialist involves
- Using thought leadership, research and technical expertise to form judgements and influence decision making about the future of car repair and the repair industry
- Working with key partners internally in a variety of initiatives and projects to prepare DLG for the automotive transformation that is happening and enable the business to repair cars of the future
- Working closely with internal partners such as Pricing and Underwriting to report data back into DLG Auto Services which will influence repair strategy
- Developing proposals on how a team would handle the vehicle technology impact across the claims experience including the ability to repair vehicles in the future
- Supporting any new product introduction from the Motor Hub team and sharing information across the pricing and underwriting teams to assist with pricing models
- Where appropriate, working closely with the Network Support function ensuring one set of data is used across the leadership team
- Working with the Motor Network Technology Specialist and team to deliver technical understanding through the tech centre whether through training, proof of concepts, etc.
What you’ll need
- Engineering degree and a breadth of engineering experience is preferable
- An ability to learn and challenge established ways of thinking
- Strong background in presenting technical knowledge
- Ability to establish, build and maintain positive relationships with key partners
- Ability to learn and challenge established ways of thinking
- Creative problem solving
- Strategic experience preferred, aptitude a must
- Strong at teamwork and collaboration
- Self-motivated and results orientated.
Let our colleagues answer your questions and tell you what it’s really like to work at DLG. Visit our discussion hub (https://directlinegroupcareers.career-inspiration.com/app/home/) to find out why Direct Line Group is a special place to work.
Direct Line Group is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and we’re committed to making DLG a truly inclusive place to work.
We recognise and embrace that people work in different ways and we’ll always adapt as much as possible so you have the best and most comfortable working environment that we can offer. We know you’re more than a CV, and the things that make you, you, can bring real potential to DLG.
If traditional working hours aren’t the right fit for you, we’re happy to discuss flexible working options, such as part time hours or home working.
If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.