As part of DP World, one of the world’s largest terminal operators, London Gateway offers the opportunity to work for a global organisation in an exciting working environment that relies on team work, commitment, communication and leadership.
London Gateway is the UK’s most integrated logistics hub, a state-of-the-art, globally connected deep-sea port and rail terminal.
As a result of continued growth and the expansion of services calling at London Gateway we are looking to increase our team of dedicated technicians to support the increased utilisation of equipment.
The integral role of Mechanical Technician contributes to the smooth running of terminal operations by ensuring availability and reliability of cranes and mobile equipment. Technicians are assigned to an asset group, to carry out preventive maintenance, repairs and project related work, as well as to provide support during the delivery, inspection and commissioning of new equipment.
This role is required to work a day shift pattern which includes some weekend working.
To ensure that all preventive maintenance and repair activities are carried out at the highest level of efficiency and quality at optimum cost. To work safely and effectively in accordance with internal and HSE requirements. Maintain high equipment availability, reliability and safety standards in line with goals and objectives set out by the Company
- Carry out preventive maintenance and repair activities following Company Safety standards, engineering procedures, safe industry practices and statutory regulations and requirements.
- To competently carry out preventive maintenance and repair works in order to minimise equipment downtime.
- Collect data/information while carrying out work on any asset and provide to Engineering Planners
- Manage and supervise contractors during delivery and commissioning of equipment or while working on any asset, ensuring safe working practices are followed.
- To support the development, improvement and updating of method statements and risk assessments for any preventive maintenance or repairs carried out on any asset
- Lead by example and encourage others to implement and improve safe working procedures and practices
- Work closely with the stores and Asset Managers to maintain inventory and stock levels.
- Continuously innovate and improve to ensure optimal productivity and equipment performance.
The above outlined responsibilities are not exhaustive and you may be required to carry out other tasks that are appropriate to your role in addition to these.
National Qualifications Framework – Minimum Level 3 Qualification (NVQ, City & Guilds etc.)
Knowledge and Experience
Excellent knowledge of equipment maintenance ideally with experience of some or all of the following:
Basic understanding of electrical engineering.
Experience and knowledge of HSE regulations related to equipment maintenance and activities.
London Gateway is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief or marital status.
All positions within London Gateway are subject to CRB checks.
Closing date for applications: 8th December 2018
For further information and to apply please click on the following link https://cezanneondemand.intervieweb.it/dpworld/jobs/mechanical_technician_4467/en/