Our client has an exciting opportunity for a Mechanical Development Engineer based at their Clevedon site, just south of Bristol. If you are a Mechanical Engineer with a minimum of 2 years post graduation work experience and are looking to join a company that is at the forefront of technology in its field, then this could be the role for you! Working under the direction of the Senior Engineer you will be responsible for the execution of design solutions within a multi discipline engineering team.
- Participation in HAZOP, DFMEA studies and risk analysis techniques
- To carry out/participate in and record risk assessments as required in the execution of a project
- To support the introduction of new products onto the factory flow line and where necessary on customers’ sites
- To ensure engineering changes are concluded in accordance with the planned schedule
- Participation in the testing of designs
- Perform engineering calculations and undertake simple FEAs in support of the design
- Design Engineering – to design and develop piece parts and less complex sub-assemblies of a product
- Data Analysis – to analyse experimental data, summarise and document conclusions in report format
- Design Reviews – to lead design reviews for the specific sub-assembly under design (specification, concept, model and critical) and participate in other design reviews where required
- Sample Approval – to support sample approval of new parts and assemblies.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A good mechanically biased engineering degree (or other relevant engineering qualification with 2 years industry experience)
- Experience in product development and introductions is an advantage
- Knowledge of design for manufacture and design for assembly
- Experience in the use of a range of engineering materials and with several manufacturing methods/techniques
- 3D and 2D CAD skills (CATIA, Visio, AutoCAD and/or other drafting tools)
- An understanding of Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs) and system schematics
- Results Orientation - focus on delivering to project milestones and timescales
- Positive attitude and ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines
- Understand key technical deliverables and requirements and can report concisely to more senior engineers and the project manager
Our client values, promotes and celebrates inclusion, challenging discrimination and putting equality, diversity and belonging at the heart of everything they do. They are a business where difference is celebrated, respected and encouraged. They truly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and backgrounds will lead to a better environment for our employees, so we encourage applications from all genders, backgrounds, and communities.
They have made a positive commitment towards gender equality and we are a family-friendly, with an increasingly agile workforce, we are open to flexible working arrangements. They are also proud to be a disability confident employer and are happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments you may require.
Red Recruitment (agency) #REDBS
Please email Kat Blackburn for more information or to apply for this role.
Kat.email@example.com you can also call her on 07718 579024 to discuss