Swytch is changing the way we move. We fundamentally believe that transport shouldn't cost the Earth - so we've made it our mission to make electric transport accessible to everybody.
Since launching in 2017 we have reached over 20,000 customers, across 50 countries who have collectively ridden over 1 million miles! Since then we have raised over $1.4M to scale our operations and secured a $400K Innovate UK grant to develop a next-generation hybrid eBike system for the future of shared electric vehicles.
Founded by Engineers and cycling enthusiasts Oliver Montague and Dmitro Khroma, Swytch is a close-knit team dedicated to creating low carbon transport solutions which are fun to use and good for the planet. We’re now growing our team to keep up with the unprecedented demand for our technology, and to be part of the electric transport revolution.
Check out our latest campaign: Indiegogo Campaign - https://youtu.be/RGCNW2KOtIE.
The R&D Team
Technology is core to Swytch. We have redefined the eBike kit product category with excellent design and innovative technology. Our future is to redefine even bigger product categories, including complete electric bikes.
To achieve this mission, we are assembling a world-class R&D team consisting of Engineers and Designers capable of pushing the limits of what is possible. We are looking for problem solvers, disrupters, and innovators with first class skills in design and technology.
You will be working alongside our co-founder and CTO Dmitro and be in close touch with our Marketing, Manufacturing and Service departments for a clear view of how your innovations impact our customers and company success.
We are looking for an Mid-level Mechanical Design Engineer to join the R&D team. The opportunity is to join a fast growing, data centred, young tech startup at the very beginning of its technology strategy roadmap. You will be our first full-time in-house Mechanical Engineer and core to building our future R&D team.
Your time will be split between hands-on detailed design and high-level management of our external specialist freelancers. As we grow you will ultimately hire and lead our own internal team of Mechanical and Hardware Engineers. You will become an expert in eBike design and manufacturing in an exciting and rapidly growing industry.
This role will give you the opportunity to own your own role while being guided by our senior team. A generalist skill set is key to success.
- Full product development lifecycle of our Mechanical Design, from spec to architecture, detailed design, BOM, DFM, RFQ, tooling, mass production in our overseas plant and continuous technical support.
- Both hands-on detailed design and management of an external development team
- Design, development, and upkeep of our Electro-mechanical R&D Workshop which includes 3D printers, milling machines and small tools
- Maintaining best practices for data management and data release to suppliers
- A Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- At least three years experience in industry (including a year internship) at an engineering company or consultancy that designs and makes hardware products.
- At least one year Industry experience using Solidworks with best practise skills and ability to work top-down and bottom-up
- Excellent hands-on workshop prototyping experience to be able to rapidly turn around valuable validation prototypes.
- Experience preparing RFQ packages & technical drawings.
- A strong confidence in tech & IT including G-Suite, Office, Excel, shortcuts, automations and databases.
- Wide and detailed knowledge of a range of electrical and mechanical manufacturing processes including Plastic Injection Moulding, Sheet Metal Forming, PCBA.
- The ability to work independently, and efficiently.
- An excellent problem-solving mindset.
- A love of data and the proven ability to support your decisions with evidence.
- Experience working in consumer electronics hardware products will be an advantage.
- Typically flexible remote working environment; come sit in our office in East London and enjoy a daily free lunch or work from home in the comfort of your own home, anywhere in the UK. (Although for all R&D and Manufacturing roles we’ll require you to be in the office a set proportion of the week, Covid allowing, to make best use of our team and workshop).
- Competitive salary.
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holiday.
- A free Swytch Conversion Kit - so you can join our electric cycling revolution!
- Electric Penny Farthing Lessons.
Our team comes from a variety of backgrounds and we embrace our differences – if in doubt just apply!
If you want to be part of the electric transport revolution,