Working in the technical office you will assist with the design of Hydraulic and Pneumatic valves, implementing product qualification test programmes and managing key product supply contracts.
This is an excellent opportunity to be responsible for whole life cycle development of a broad range of new products from design through to testing the products.
Rotork is a FTSE 250 British engineering company, the market leading valve actuator manufacturer and flow control company, operating in any market where the flow of liquids, gases or powders needs to be controlled. Our customers rely on us for innovative, high quality engineered products and services, many of which are used in mission-critical applications.
We are embarking on a period of exciting change to significantly grow our business and consolidate our world-wide market leadership position.
To assist in the Technical Office with the design of Hydraulic and Pneumatic valves, implementing product qualification test programmes and managing key product supply contracts.
- Undertaking new valve designs in accordance with the companies ISO9000-2001 design processes : maintaining associated design files.
- To provide technical support to customers.
- Implementing valve design qualifications as required
- Value engineering existing products
- Liaising with Marketing and assisting with preparation of product sales literature.
- Implementing design change orders.
- Maintaining technical office drawing registers and databases
- Project management of key customer frame supplier agreements.
- All Employees are responsible to their Line Managers for undertaking work in a safe and orderly manner. They have a legal duty not only to work in a safe manner but also to incorporate efforts to create safe working conditions for others. Observing procedure and using safety equipment appropriate to the work operation
- This document outlines the general duties and is not a comprehensive or exhaustive list of responsibilities. Duties may vary in accordance with your supervisors’ requirements and your own ability and drive.
Qualifications, Knowledge & Skills
- Degree in Engineering or HND with relevant experience
- Ability to deliver full lifecycle design projects in a professional industrial environment
- Designs to meet internationally recognised approvals standards
- Solid Edge 3D CAD package
- Casting Moulding design
- Project management
- Proactive ‘can-do’ mentality with self-motivation
- Practical problem solving with a logical approach
- Good interpersonal skills, ability to work in a team environment
- Will be required to liaise with both suppliers and customers, which may in turn necessitate occasional travel
- Good attention to detail
- Methodical approach to working
- Good Written and Oral communication skills.
To apply for this position please send your CV & Cover letter to Yoshi Danily at firstname.lastname@example.org.