Nova Innovation is looking for a Mechanical CAD/ Design Engineer to complement the existing skills within our Mechanical Engineering team. This person will work on support and optimisation of existing turbine products, and the development of new ones.
Responsibilities will be tailored to ensure best fit within the engineering team, and will include:
- 3D CAD modelling and preparation of 2D production drawings (Inventor)
- Preparing manufacturing definitions (drawing set, procedures, BOM) for a provided design
- Improving existing designs and manufacturing definitions, working closely with procurement, manufacturing, and operation teams to optimise total cost
- Taking responsibility for delivering tasks through manufacture, assembly and into service; this may include working closely with manufacturers, as well as in our production facility, or on site (including offshore)
- Design tasks, under guidance of a senior engineer
- Other engineering and company duties required by the business
We are looking for applicants with the following essential attributes:
- Competent user of 3D CAD (preferably Inventor) to create effective 3D assemblies and 2D production drawings
- Capable of producing full manufacturing definition including BoMs and procedures
- Innovative, and capable of developing designs with support from the broader team
- Positive and friendly personality, with a ‘can-do’ attitude
- Able to work flexibly within a small, cross-discipline team
- Self-motivated. Capable of working independently to meet deadlines.
- Mechanical background, time served, or degree level, or equivalent
Examples of other beneficial qualities include:
- Experience within the wind or marine renewable industry
- Production systems experience
- Design analysis through hand calculation/FEA.
- Practical experience in manufacturing or marine operations
- Cross-discipline knowledge e.g. hydraulic, electrical, control systems
- A keen interest in the renewable energy sector
Background to Nova Innovation
Nova Innovation (Nova) is a world-leading tidal energy company delivering a proven technology with global potential. We design, build, and operate tidal energy turbines and have offices in Scotland, Ireland, Wales, Canada, and Belgium.
Nova has a strong track record for growth and delivery including deploying the world’s first offshore tidal array in Shetland, Scotland in 2016; successfully building the world’s first baseload tidal power station in partnership with Tesla in 2018; and winning our first international projects in Canada in 2020.
With a full order book, Nova is looking for a CAD/Design Engineer to support the continued development of Nova’s tidal technology and scale-up of the business.
Conditions, remuneration and benefits
The position can either be part-time or full time depending on the candidate and/or level of experience.
Competitive salary is negotiable depending on experience. We also offer a pension scheme with an employer matching contribution up to maximum of 5% of salary.
Annual holidays are 25 days per annum plus 8 public holidays (pro rata).
If you would like to apply, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, with a covering letter stating why you think you would be suited to this position. For the Subject field in your email, please use: “Job application: 21002 Mechanical CAD/ Design Engineer”.