We are a global leader in sustainable products with more than 21,000 team members worldwide. From infinitely recyclable aluminium tins, cups and aerosol bottles, to aerospace solutions that enable our customers to have a deeper understanding of our planet and the universe. We produce all these incredible things with one unique purpose: crafting a better community, a better society, a better world.
We lead with our heads and our hearts and combine innovative thinking with a spirit of resiliency that keeps us moving forward in a relentless pursuit of new ways to make life, and the world, better. Whether we’re developing packaging that’s infinitely recyclable or aerospace innovations.
Because what we create may change, but what we will always make is a difference.
As the Line Operator, you’re a key member of the Kettering Team, reporting to the Production Team Leader. You will contribute to the success of Ball by performing tasks and providing services to support the plant’s production goals and overall business plans.
Your key responsibilities include:
- Complies with and practices, policies, and procedures as specified in plant and corporate directives for the safe performance of the work assignment.
- Take ownership for the production line, inspire yourself and others to achieve world class manufacturing practices and results.
- Conducts inspection of in-process or finished product to ensure quality targets are achieved.
- Takes care of the work area and equipment to create a safe and efficient work environment.
- Assists with equipment maintenance by performing routine checks and lubrication
- Initiate and support lean and improvement initiatives.
- Perform on-the-job training for other personnel.
- 8.5-hour shifts, rotating earlies, lates and nights
Experience and skills required:
- Job-related experience for 2 years minimum.
- Proficient in the use of hand tools.
- Possesses an interest in and an aptitude for mechanics.
- Sound communication skills, ability to clearly explain processes.
- Fluency in written and spoken English
Please submit your application HERE.
Ball Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We actively encourage applications from everybody, regardless of gender, age, ethnicity, faith, ability, or orientation.
Please note the advertised job title might vary from the job title on the contract due to local job title structure and global HR systems.
No agencies please.