Swytch is changing the way we move. We fundamentally believe that transport shouldn't cost the Earth - so we've made it our mission to make electric transport accessible to everybody.
Since launching in 2017 we have reached over 20,000 customers, across 50 countries who have collectively ridden over 1 million miles! Since then we have raised over $1.4M to scale our operations and secured a $400K Innovate UK grant to develop a next-generation hybrid eBike system for the future of shared electric vehicles.
Founded by Engineers and cycling enthusiasts Oliver Montague and Dmitro Khroma, Swytch is a close-knit team dedicated to creating low carbon transport solutions which are fun to use and good for the planet. We’re now growing our team to keep up with the unprecedented demand for our technology, and to help us lead the electric transport revolution.
Check out our latest campaign: Indiegogo Campaign - https://youtu.be/RGCNW2KOtIE
The Manufacturing Team
Swytch manages all of its Manufacturing in-house. We have a small, expert team of Engineers between London and China who manage every step of the process. We coordinate parts and manage quality across a supply chain of over 30 factories and have successfully produced and shipped over 20,000 eBike kits to customers.
As our orders grow with the unprecedented demand for our products, so must our ability to reliably produce high quality kits on time and budget. We also have a vision to innovate in new and ambitious product areas such as complete electric bikes which will require a whole new supply chain to enable it.
To achieve our vision, we are growing our manufacturing team of talented engineers and managers.
We are looking for problem solvers, disrupters, and innovators with first class skills in design and technology. You will be working alongside our co-founder and CTO Dmitro and be in close touch with our Marketing, R&D and Service departments for a clear view of how your innovations impact our customers and company success.
We are looking for an Entry-level Manufacturing Engineer to join the Manufacturing team. The opportunity is to join a fast growing, data centred, young tech startup at the very beginning of its technology strategy roadmap.
You will be ensuring that our global supply chain runs smoothly and delivers on time. You will work closely with our UK team to process our complex order data into production instructions.
Your day to day will range wildly between processing complex order data, to communicating with our overseas supply chain and much more. You will be in daily contact with our remote on-the-ground purchasing and production team in China who will communicate directly to you. They are your eyes and ears for all our factory and supplier outputs, and through them you will be able to remotely manage our entire supply chain, with support from our Head of Manufacturing. You will carry out audits on new suppliers and ensure our supply chain is healthy and diversified. Your time will be split between hands-on detailed work and high-level strategy and planning.
This role will give you the opportunity to own your own role while being guided by our senior team and Head of Manufacturing. A generalist skill set is key to success.
- Managing our day-to-day manufacturing operations
- Taking customer order data and converting them into production orders
- Deciding on shipping schedules to meet lead-time targets
- Assisting customer service by confirming customers allocated to a container
- Managing and auditing all manufacturing payments
- Improving our cash flow reporting
- Implementing an MRP system from the ground up, both in the UK and in China
- Continuous Improvement of our manufacturing data processing and order processing
- Automating manual processes to improve department efficiency
You will have the following: (Don't have everything on the list? Don't worry, if you're an Engineer with manufacturing experience why not apply anyway - we'll let you know if we can consider your skill set).
- A MA in a relevant Engineering field.
- At least one year work experience in industry at an engineering company or consultancy that designs and makes hardware products
- Good working knowledge of manufacturing methodologies e.g. JIT, Lean, Kanban
- Experience working in consumer electronics hardware products with complex multidisciplinary teams and requirements with a broad understanding of other engineering disciplines
- A strong confidence in tech including G-Suite, Office, Excel, shortcuts, automations and databases
- Proficiency in coding is a bonus (Python, Javasript, C, SQL) for use with integrations & APIs
- Wide and detailed knowledge of a range of electrical and mechanical manufacturing processes including Plastic Injection Moulding, Sheet Metal Forming, PCBA
- The ability to work independently and efficiently.
- An excellent problem-solving mindset.
- A love of data and the proven ability to support your decisions with evidence.
- Experience setting up and running an MRP system is a plus.
In return we'll give you:
- Unparalleled opportunity to develop your career rapidly through exposure to all areas in a flat structured start-up.
- Fleixble working; come sit in our office in East London and enjoy a daily free lunch or, work from home in the comfort of your own home a day or two a week.
- Competitive salary.
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
- A free Swytch Conversion Kit - so you can join our electric cycling revolution!
- Electric Penny Farthing Lessons.
Our team comes from a variety of backgrounds and we embrace our differences – if in doubt just apply!
If you want to be part of the electric transport revolution,