Amazon Operations sits at the heart of the Amazon customer experience. We look after everything from the moment a customer clicks buy, to the moment their item is delivered – from desktop to doorstep.
Across Europe we have more than 50 Fulfillment Centers, hundreds of Delivery Stations, thousands of machines, and tens of thousands of employees, all working together in harmony to make sure the right item gets delivered to the right person, in the right place, at the right time.
Working in Amazon Operations is for people who like to be active and give their all. We work in a busy, dynamic environment and are part of a bigger team delivering on the expectations of millions of customers every single day.
We are open, inclusive and welcome individuality and diversity. The culture in our Operation is built on the way teams bond and the work ethic that enables our business run like clockwork. Our teams take real pride in a job well done, looking out for one another, ensuring the highest safety standards and playing their part in delivering the quality service Amazon is known for around the world.
Join us in the Amazon Reliability Maintenance Engineering team. We maintain and optimize technologies in the Global Amazon Warehouse & Delivery Network.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
We are looking for motivated, customer-focused people who want to join our team as a Senior Reliability Maintenance Engineering Technician. The focus of the Senior Reliability Maintenance Engineering Technician role is to ensure safety regulations and policies are adhered to, to ensure preventative maintenance is conducted on time to a high standard and to provide high levels of equipment availability through continuous improvement.
Shift Pattern: This role includes working in non-traditional shift pattern, which may include nights and weekends.
- Role model health & safety best practices and monitor those around them to ensure they follow the example they set.
- Work in a hands-on manner and demonstrate SME (Subject Matter Expert) levels of knowledge on all MHE (Material Handling Equipment) in the building.
- Coach and mentor the technicians on shift.
- Support the line manager and to supervise the shift in their absence.
- Provide high levels of equipment availability to our internal customers by means of troubleshooting and prioritizing.
- Support continuous improvement of systems in a standard manner across the EU network.
- Develop and maintain a good working relationship across all levels in the organization.
- Understanding of OEE (Overall Equipment Effectiveness) and equipment performance metrics.
- Management of contractors.
- 5 GCSE, NVQ3, ONC/D, C&G 2330, 17th Ed.
- Multi skilled in both electrical and mechanical disciplines with relevant experience in automation or complex MHE environments.
- Solid foundational knowledge of PLC based controls systems.
- Experience using CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management Systems) to plan proactive maintenance and record reactive tasks.
- Knowledge of Statutory Compliance requirements.
- Ability to communicate (written & verbal) in English and the local language at CEFR Level B2 or higher.
- Apprentice Trained, HNC, HND, BSc, BEng
- Proven ability to supervise and influence others on the team.
- Proven ability to multi-task and prioritize many different projects and workload.
- Experience of multi-contractor management.
- Experience in a multi-site environment.
If you are interested in this role, or any opportunities within the Reliability and Maintenance Engineering (RME) team at Amazon, please send your CV to Laura Hughes - firstname.lastname@example.org
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.