About the role:
We are looking for a candidate with a strong research background in machine learning and good coding skills to work on world-changing, completely unique projects for neural engineering applications. At BIOS we solve hard problems and we want someone who equals our enthusiasm, creativity and vision to work on our machine learning research.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Perform research to apply machine learning (particularly deep learning and Bayesian techniques) to biological data
- Recommend research directions for applied projects: assess the scope of the problem, identify where to apply machine learning, and evaluate different approaches
- Integrate new research ideas into applied projects
- Collaborate with the engineering team to design and run experiments using both new and existing algorithms
- Communicate experimental results and research findings clearly and efficiently, both internally and externally, across different levels of audience understanding.
Essential skills and qualifications:
- Proven knowledge of machine learning and/or statistics and demonstrable ability to apply them to complex unstructured data
- Previous experience leading research projects within academia and/or private sector
- Strong coding ability in Python
- Experience with one or more deep learning frameworks (e.g. Tensorflow, Keras)
- Hands on experience of communicating results and findings clearly and efficiently
- PhD in machine learning, computer science, neuroscience, mathematics, physics, electrical engineering, or equivalent practical experience.
- English Language skill - appropriate UK qualification or SELT pass at B1 CEFR scale or confirmed Ecctis for degrees taught in English.
Desired skills and qualifications:
- Experience with software development in a regulated industry (such as medical, energy or defense)
- Working knowledge of source control management such as Git
- Previous experience of working in Agile software development methodologies
- Familiarity with AWS, GCP and Azure
BIOS is an exciting and progressive business which values its people at the heart of everything we do. We understand that people who are happy and healthy at work and at home produce better results. Therefore we have a compensation and benefits package that promotes health, finance, life:work balance and professional development.
Competitive Salary, dependent on experience and company share options.
Other benefits include:
- Hybrid working (office and remote) and flexible hours (outside of core hours)
- Healthcare and Dental insurance
- Enhanced Pension scheme
- A variety of well being initiatives (incl. gym membership contribution, cycle maintenance scheme)
- Financial support for commuters through our season ticket loan scheme
- Great central Cambridge location with excellent transport links (incl. rail, bus, bike, scooters) and local amenities
BIOS is committed to equal employment opportunities. We welcome applications from all qualified applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, gender or sexual orientation.
We use Workable for applications, please click on this link to apply: https://apply.workable.com/j/BD86E880BA