£42,000k - £46,000k, salary dependant on skills and experience
Regionally Based role working across the Anglian Water region, ideally based in Huntingdon, Peterborough or the Cambridgeshire region.
Full time, 37 hours a week
Discover the company where you will make a difference!
Anglian Water is proud to be a purpose-led business, striving to go above and beyond the delivery of our essential service to help our environment and communities to prosper.
In this exciting role as a Lead Commissioning Engineer, you will be responsible for assisting with the resource management and prioritisation of commissioning within the @One Alliance, as well as leading a team of Process Commissioning Engineers on site with the process commissioning of Water Recycling assets
This is a field based role with travel across the Anglian Water region.
Your responsibilities will include supporting Commissioning Engineers in testing and optimising new treatment plants and systems efficiently to ensure reliability and performance prior to hand over to the end user. You will also collaborate with internal stakeholders and other teams and provide technical expertise and leadership. You will have budgetary responsibility to ensure that projects are delivered on time and to budget.
You will lead a team of experienced Commissioning Engineers ensuring effective delivery of tasks and ensuring training requirements and development opportunities are identified. You will also provide leadership and support to the @One Alliance as well as operational teams and Asset Management. Health and Safety is critical to this role and that of your team.
What you’ll be doing
- Meet with Process Engineers to develop and agree Commissioning Strategy documents
- Attend project rehearsals to ensure properly planned, robust & efficient commissioning of projects
- Support Commissioning Engineers in developing process commissioning methodologies as part of the Commissioning Plan
- Support Commissioning Engineers in identifying handover testing requirements in line with approved Asset Standards handover testing procedure as part of the Commissioning Plan
- Meet with Commissioning Engineers on site to assist with process commissioning and optimisation of Water Recycling processes
- Attend site progress and production meetings as required primarily during process commissioning
- Liaise with AW Operations Treatment Managers, Works Technicians and Service Delivery Scientists to facilitate successful process commissioning of assets
As a valued employee, you’ll be entitled to:
- Personal private health care
- 26 days annual leave – rising with length of service
- Flexible working
- Company car or car allowance
- Competitive pension scheme – Anglian Water double-matches your contributions up to 6%
- Bonus scheme
- Flexible benefits to support your wellbeing and lifestyle.
What does it take to be a Lead Commissioning Engineer (Process Optimisation)?
- You will ideally have a technical qualification in a related discipline and proven experience within Water Recycling process commissioning or process optimisation.
- The ability to lead a team of qualified Engineers is essential along with the ability to build effective stakeholder relationships to ensure effective collaboration and integration with partners.
- The ability to prioritise across multiple projects with tight deadlines is important as is your ability to communicate effectively with both internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
If successful in your application, you will benefit from access to a company vehicle, so a full UK driving licence is essential. If you are offered the role, the status of your driving licence may be checked.
Why Anglian Water?
Anglian Water is not your typical water company. What we do really matters. Water is the lifeblood of our world and we’re proud of the difference we make. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly love what we do!
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a Glassdoor ‘Best Place to Work’ company and recently voted Employer of the Year 2020 by Utility Week.
Closing date: 17th October 2021
For more information please contact Zoe Perich – firstname.lastname@example.org
Click on the following link to apply - https://awg.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/AW/job/Peterborough/Lead-Commissioning-Engineer--Process-Optimisation-_R13479-2