Purpose of the Role
The role of the Junior Stage Engineer is to provide high quality design and drafting support to the company in delivering stage engineering solutions to new and existing theatres and opera houses worldwide. As specialist consultants Theatreplan produce 3D models, drawings and requirements specifications to explore design options and communicate design intent to the rest of the design team. Our primary duty is to create machinery solutions that are safe, realisable, affordable and highly available, to meet the demanding requirements of international opera houses, theatres and concert halls.
- Create concepts for bespoke mechanical systems and model them in 3D with basic structural design checks where required
- Attend site meetings and inspections with the Project Leader to progress the implementation of our designs by specialist stage engineering contractors
- Create visualisations in support of project proposals which could include both text and graphic design
- Assist in preparing written tender specifications
- Work proactively as part of multiple project teams
- Respond to email and telephone enquiries professionally and swiftly
For further details of how to apply, including the person specification and information on the benefits of working for Theatreplan, please download the PDF. We look forward to hearing from you!