Junior Product Safety, Compliance & Certification Engineer | De’Longhi Group (Braun Household, De’Longhi, Kenwood) | Kenwood Global Headquarters, Havant, Hampshire | £Competitive + excellent benefits package
Starting right here: a rewarding career in product safety and compliance.
New product development is exciting; it takes a lot of creativity and collaboration to build the premium products that De’Longhi Group customers enjoy. It also takes a lot of attention to detail and scrutiny, because one of the most critical parts of the process is ensuring products meet safety standards before they are released onto the market.
De’Longhi Group is now seeking a Junior Product Safety, Compliance & Certification Engineer to do just that, supporting our Standards and Approvals Manager to ensure De’Longhi Group’s products meet worldwide directives, legislation and regulations.
About the role
You’ll read, interpret and apply European and IEC standards, taking products apart and testing them throughout the development process to appraise and safety-test critical components.
You’ll play an important role in helping us achieve timely release dates for products, identifying solutions to issues and problems and communicating them to key stakeholder groups across the business, including laboratories in Europe and Asia.
This is a varied and hands-on position where you will have the opportunity to work on a range of products simultaneously.
You’ll be working in a small, collaborative team where we share knowledge openly within different specialist skillsets and support our peers as required. Always working for the wider Group’s best interests, we share our knowledge of trends and issues with peers in Germany and Italy.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Maintaining awareness of changes to worldwide safety standards, directives, legislation and regulations, with a good understanding of minimum requirements.
- Interpreting requirements for published standards, amendments, directives, legislation, regulations or drafts to provide accurate, effective advice on regulatory compliance and the implementation of those requirements.
- Undertaking periodic reviews of internal processes and procedures aligned to the latest approvals, standards and business requirements.
- Providing guidance and support to project teams and suppliers on applicable product compliance and legislative requirements for existing or new product designs.
- Defining product sample and component requirements together with necessary technical data prior to product submissions.
- Independently undertaking assessments of product prototypes through to submission level samples, including constructional appraisals, detailed photographs of components and assemblies, safety assessment and testing, identifying food contact parts and functional testing.
- Collation and preparation of product technical construction files to support approval submissions.
- Researching applicable compliance requirements for developing new technologies.
- Coordinating product approval submissions with notified bodies/global regulatory agencies.
- Advising and supporting relevant Engineering, Design, Product, Project and Quality colleagues on applicable safety compliance and legislation for innovative product designs.
- Reviewing engineering changes and advising Product Data Management, Bluebook & SAP teams on relevant technical documentation
You’ll have an applicable HNC, HND and/or degree in Engineering, Electronics, Electrical or Electromechanical Engineering, or equivalent. Though some candidates may come from a background in a similar role, we’re happy to find a bright, passionate graduate and train them, so this role is a great start in a Compliance Engineering career. Either way, you’ll need a passion and curiosity for standards, quality and compliance testing.
Regardless, you must be detail-oriented, flexible and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously, with strong communication skills and a practical, hands-on approach.
We’re looking for someone who is keen to seize the excellent development opportunities available to them at De’Longhi; a self-starter motivated to grow and expand their comfort zone and expertise.
You’ll need to be focused as you may spend extended periods working on critical components.
What’s in it for you?
This is an opportunity to be involved in the design and development of global products and develop your skillsets and professional value. Our culture and office environment are outstanding, with heavy investment into learning and development for all staff. Our extensive benefits include:
- Competitive Salary
- Excellent contributory pension
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Superb subsidised restaurant
- Free on-site parking
- Flexible benefits package
- Access to a range of wellbeing activities and events
De'Longhi, Kenwood and Braun Household are pioneering kitchen and home appliance brands that are internationally recognised and respected. They are all part of the De'Longhi Group, which is based in Treviso, near Venice in Italy, and has international operations in more than 30 countries.
You’ll work mostly from Kenwood’s global HQ on the beautiful South Coast between Portsmouth and Chichester, where our products are conceived and tested, and where our UK De’Longhi division is based. Under normal circumstances, there may be some opportunity for international travel and flexibility to work from home on occasion.
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org