About the role
To work with the London Intelligent Mobility (IM) lead to support the delivery of an expanding project portfolio in London and the wider UK IM team. Supporting the provision of technical, programme and procurement advice and design services to deliver solutions for a transport system that balances the needs of the economy, the environment and society.
Increasingly clients are deploying technology solutions to better manage their networks, improve safety and environmental impacts and better inform travellers. We work with clients to advise on all aspects of transport technology systems, from strategy and business through to design and operation. Key areas of focus are intelligent mobility, intelligent transportation systems, mobility pricing, low emissions mobility, active travel, smart ticketing, traffic control centres, mobility as a service, connected and autonomous vehicles and data.
The position will involve contributing to the delivery of technical consultancy and strategic advice to clients. It will involve working with team members to design and develop innovative solutions within agreed timescales and budgets. Responsibilities will include a variety of roles including technical delivery, data analysis and report writing.
Your role will include:
- Preparation of documentation, analysis, specifications and drawings
- Coordination of work with others members of team
- Analysis of data using automated methods
- Ensuring that all designs and documents are prepared to the highest standards
- Compiling project reports
- Conceptual design studies and reports
- Keeping up to date with industry and technical developments and changes
- Be dynamic and able to work independently managing your delivery to agreed timescales
- Degree in relevant discipline
- Working towards achieving Chartered Engineer status
- Member of relevant professional institution(s)
- Post-qualification design experience in Intelligent Mobility or related areas
- Knowledge of Intelligent Mobility systems and technology
- Ability to meet strict deadlines
- Ability to communicate with colleagues and clients through sketching, drawing and in writing
- Competency in relevant software, such as ArcGIS, Autocad, Power BI.
- Willingness to travel
- Motivated, proactive and willing to take on new challenges
Rewards and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary at all levels, and one of the best benefits packages in our sector.
Core benefits include cover under the UK Healthcare Plan (private medical insurance), Life Assurance, Accident Insurance, and Income Protection (long term disability) cover. Core benefits are funded by us and made available to all permanent staff in order to support and safeguard your financial, physical, and mental wellbeing. You will also have access to Choice Benefits to help with your work/life balance and financial security.
In addition, all permanent employees are eligible for the Global Profit Share scheme. Subject to scheme rules employees can receive two Profit Share payments per year, which are dependent on the firm’s financial performance.
Different people, shared values.
At Arup, we believe when talented people collaborate, great things are possible. Arup hires people with proven skills and open minds. We are taking deliberate action to create an inclusive culture that is grounded in our purpose to shape a better world.
At Arup, we welcome candidates from all backgrounds, regardless of age, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background, and any other protected characteristic. Our internal employee networks - BAME, Culture, Disability, LGBTQ+ and Women - provide a space for you to express your views and to make a positive difference - discover more about life at Arup here.
At Arup, we are committed to making all stages of our recruitment process accessible to candidates with disabilities. Please speak to our recruitment team and we will work with you to make reasonable adjustments to ensure you can perform at your best throughout your application.
At Arup, we appreciate that everyone’s circumstances are different and having the freedom to flex the way we work is essential to our wellbeing. If flexibility matters to you let us know when you apply, and we will discuss how this could work in your role.
Our Application Process
To understand what to expect next, please visit our UK Application Process page.
Stay safe online - Arup will never ask for payment or your bank details as part of our recruitment process.