£4,800 Health & Safety based bonus, plus London Weighting where applicable.
SMS is an energy infrastructure company which owns, installs, and manages carbon reduction (CaRe) assets, including smart meters, battery energy storage systems (BESS), and EV chargepoints. At the heart of the UK energy market for over two decades, we play a critical role in transforming and decarbonising the UK energy system.
Reporting to the Field Metering Manager, we are currently recruiting for I&C Electric Field Engineer (SMETS2) - MPAN 17 & MPAN 20.
Installation and maintenance of low voltage Code of Practice meters.
SMETS 2 and AMR variants
Other related duties as required by the metering department.
Carry out communication testing for metering and loggers.
Interaction and liaison with the delivery support team.
Maintain safety standards and follow working procedures.
Control and manage stock.
- Full driving license
- Recognised electrical/mechanical apprenticeship or metering training
- Previous industry experience
- Good on-site customer interaction experience
Education and Professional Qualifications
- City and Guilds or equivalent electrical
- GCSE standard or equivalent
- 3 phase metering experience (essential)
- Working on the road (lone working)
- Customer interface and awareness
We support Mental, Physical and Financial wellbeing, and we're proud of our benefits package to reward great talent which includes :
- 25 personal holiday days per year with additional allocation of 8 public holidays (includes options to buy and sell)
- After 5 years’ service, you will be rewarded with an additional 5 days annual leave increasing your total to 30 personal days and 8 public holidays.
Keeping our employees mentally and physically healthy is one of the things that matters most to us.
- Employee Assistance Programme (free access to counselling & support) with easy access via My Healthy Advantage app.
- Access to SmartHealth app - includes a free 24/7 online GP and a range of wellbeing services.
- Cycle Scheme - lower your carbon footprint whilst staying healthy.
- Eligibility to join our Share Incentive Plan following 6 months employment
- Life Insurance cover where your next of kin will receive 4 times your annual salary
- Refer a friend bonus (£500)
- Length of service cash incentive
- Automatic enrolment into the Company Stakeholder Pension Scheme following 3 months employment.
The future looks bright
Your development is important to us - we support and encourage development including internal and external accredited courses, study support and E-Learning and internal promotion. Safety, Health and Environmental legislation and management system requirements in your area of responsibility ensuring you; are suitably trained and competent, use equipment and materials correctly, assess workplaces for risk and adhere to risk assessments and safe systems of work. Stop work, seek guidance if you believe anything is unsafe and report all incidents and near misses immediately.