Here at Apollo, we make smart devices that keep people safe from fire every second of every day. We’re proud of our reputation for being a leading global manufacturer in the market for high quality fire detection solutions.
Reporting to the Technical Director you will be responsible for ensuing that our new development roadmap is delivered on time and on cost.
Your role will include:
- Leading the engineering team including HW, SW, ME, Labs and Project Management (circa 40 people) developing new products and improvements / sustaining to existing ranges.
- Continuously assess and improve the development strategy for both new and existing products.
- Challenging the way in which the company develop products to speed up time to market.
- Developing the capabilities of the team and staff and recruiting and retaining good engineering talent.
- Excellent communication skills with proven ability to work with Product Management in a constructive manner to deliver products exceeding customer expectations in an efficient and timely manner.
- Change Management – adept at managing change, preparing, support and guiding stakeholders through improvement initiatives.
- Liaise with customers on new product developments and resolving Technical issues.
- You are straightforward and have no interest in politics
- You believe in developing future leaders in your area of the business
- You are curious
- You are fiercely collaborative and are a “good person”
- You are culturally sensitive, and have an international outlook
- You inspire with your passion and values
- You turn complex problems into simple issues to solve
Your skills and experience:
- Pro-active and results focused, with an outstanding track record of delivery.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills.
- Previous experience having led, coached, and developed cross functional Engineering Teams (Electronics, Embedded firmware, Software and Mechanical, Project Management), ideally in an international setting.
- Innovative thinking, a passion for new technologies and a professional integrity.
- Judgement and decision making - comfortable with change and ambiguity and can act with limited information.
- Resilience and composure to guide projects and teams through arising issues, overcoming challenges to deliver high quality business outcomes.
- Capable of working at a strategic level, whilst also managing day-to-day activity to deliver key elements of the business plan
- Adept at complex problem solving with excellent analytical skills; to be able to assess problems thoroughly and achieve logical conclusions.
- Capable of working at a strategic level, whilst also managing day-to-day activity to deliver key elements of the business plan.
- Integrity and assertiveness, willing to communicate all relevant information including perceived ‘bad news’ and hold teams to account to deliver.
- Consistently role models the Apollo values and fosters those values in the team. Welcomes open feedback with a clear commitment to self–improvement.
- Possesses a brand of leadership with a diverse and collaborative working culture encouraging openness, honesty, and psychological safety. Builds strong team spirit and celebrates success.
- A deep understanding of embedded electronics development ideally in a highly regulated / safety industry.
- Expertise in SCRUM and AGILE development.
- Knowledge of the Fire Industry is desirable.
We are happy to talk flexible working
Our benefits include:
- Employee Bonus Scheme
- Share Incentive Scheme
- 14 weeks paid Parental Leave
- Healthcare Incentives
- Company Pension & Life Assurance
- Training & Professional Development
If this sounds like the job for you please apply via our Company website https://www.apollo-fire.co.uk/careers/current-vacancies