Head of Engineering
£Excellent Salary & Benefits Package
Our client is a global organisation employing a diverse and talented workforce around the world. They are an iconic multinational technology company delivering market leading products and solutions to the defence, security and cyber sectors. They are focused on developing the very best and most innovative products and services to provide to their customers.
Ethical business is at the heart of everything they do, ensuring they work closely with local partners to support economic development by transferring knowledge, skills and technology with a mission to provide a vital advantage where it counts.
Digitally enabled outputs and outcomes are fundamental to the Group and data is critical in both their OEM and service capability. This is an exciting time to be joining a global corporation at the forefront of technological development in their areas of expertise.
As a Head of Engineering, you will develop future engineering capability that meets the business needs. This includes technology trends, future tools and processes, partnering and agile resourcing, ensuring that products and services are fit for purpose, safe, managed, controlled, governed and delivered to customers, partners & stakeholders.
As an engineering leader you will be part of the division’s evolving agenda to develop an environment that is more diverse in its thinking, and that operates with more pace and drive to meet the ever-increasing rate of change and demand that its markets and customers are driving.
- Provide engineering leadership, direction and guidance.
- Develop trusted partnerships with customers and suppliers.
- Develop future engineering technology and product strategy.
- Develop a risk based approach to engineering through continuous improvement.
- Optimise engineering solutions to successfully win contracts.
- Identify future partnerships and acquisitions to support future product direction.
- Assume responsibility for all engineering elements of product safety and environment.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a successful track record of engineering leadership experience within the aerospace and defence sector, or relevant complex high-tech engineering markets such as nuclear, petrochemical, and oil and gas. You will provide inspirational direction to a culturally diverse group of engineers working on major programme delivery in a time sensitive, safety critical, high precision and complex engineering environment. You will be:
- Someone who leads and inspires teams, and who is a role model in terms of engineering and technology.
- An individual with resilience, tenacity and strong business acumen, and who recognises and leverages cultural diversity.
- A proven and forward thinking leader that generates new ideas, and is regarded by their peers and team as a trusted advisor.
- A collaborative, constructive and motivational leader who is able to build relationships based on trust.
- Strong at mentoring, coaching and communicating with the ability to influence at all levels.
- Degree educated in an Engineering discipline, and ideally professionally registered at (or working towards) Chartered Engineer level.
There is geographical flexibility to recruit the right candidates into a variety of sites, both in the UK and abroad. Global mobility would be highly valued.
The role offers an excellent base salary and benefits package.
If you have any queries or would like more information with regard to this advert please contact:
D: +44 113 386 8525
M: +44 7718 601 322
To apply, please visit: www.berwickpartners.co.uk/70714