The QTS Group, one of the UK’s leading Rail Infrastructure, Electrification and Training organisations, is looking for a Graduate Engineer to join its team based at Malmesbury.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Working alongside management of all civil & geotechnical engineering activities from initial enquiry to contract completion – including design, quotation, pre-planning processes, possession planning, site management, and project review meetings
- Encourage the use of the QTS Close Call reporting system and assist in the investigation of accidents / incidents
- Maintain excellent communication with the client / stakeholders and all team members throughout every project including mentoring and supporting of site teams
- Liaison with outside parties and statutory bodies
- Knowledge and understanding of collaborative working. Implementation of collaborative projects.
- Monitoring of personnel working hours
- Assist QTS Management and in other aspects of the Company as required
- Carry out audits and inspections
- Produce project documentation and HSQE contract plans including CPP, QMP, EMP, WPP & programme and monitor compliance throughout the project lifecycle while reporting any updates or concerns to the Operations Manager
- Plan works thoroughly to maintain a safe system of work specific to each project / contract including HSQE requirements e.g. maintaining the Health & Safety File and site safety inspections
- Produce all site safety documentation prior to commencing works e.g. Site Induction, Task Briefing, COSHH, Contract Risk Assessments and ALO Plans. Dissemination of information.
- Assist within the Tender Process for all relevant works including tender handover and risk review with the Project Team
- Client / Stakeholder liaison, budgeting, and commercial review of projects
- Attend Managers and Management Review Meetings, liaise with Compliance and Safety Managers, ensure HSQE objectives and targets are established
For the role of Graduate Engineer, you should:
- Be willing to travel
- Be IT literate
- Have good interpersonal skills
- Good attention to detail and highly organised
- Full UK Driving Licence
For the role of Graduate Engineer, you should have:
- BEng or BSc Minimum Degree in Civil or Geotechnical Engineering
- Graduate membership of ICE or equivalent body and working towards corporate membership
To apply, please email email@example.com.