GE Digital is seeking sharp, personable, highly-organized Industrial Placement students who are looking for the opportunity to grow their technical and professional skills while building a career with unlimited potential. Interns will learn from the best in the industry and work on substantial projects with real world implications, getting hands-on with digital technologies.
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE Digital delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
At GE Digital, we are creating technology and solutions to enable social, mobile, analytical and cloud capabilities for the Industrial Internet. The Industrial Internet is an open, global network that connects people, data and machines. We believe it’s about the future of industry—energy, healthcare, aviation, additive manufacturing. It’s about making the world work better.
As a GE Digital Intern, some example assignments are Product/Project Management, Data Analytics, Information Security, Cyber Security, Application Architecture, Data Modeling, Web Applications, User Experience/Interaction Design, Cloud Technology, Software Development, or DBA (Oracle & SQL Server). GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation.
GE Digital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We offer meaningful, impactful assignments as well as team building, career development opportunities, and more! GE Digital Interns are GE’s primary pipeline to full-time employment opportunities as a direct hire. GE Digital Interns are hired to focus on a particular area within GE Digital based on availability of positions, the interviewer's assessment, and the applicant's preference. Focus areas for this internship will be in Grid – Software Solutions within Services and Engineering functions.
GE Digital intern assignments, typically 12 months in length, are dynamic and challenging based on the business needs and the type of work required. Interns have significant exposure to key Software and business leaders at GE Digital; as well as a global internship support network to accelerate learning and development.
- Currently enrolled in a Sandwich Course/Degree program at an accredited university.
- Degree focused in Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, Software Engineering Power Systems, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Informatics, Information Science/Technology, Management Information Systems, Security and Risk Analysis, or other relevant STEM majors
- Must commit to working full time (40 hrs/wk) during the internship.
- Need to complete an Industrial Placement in 2021 as part of their degree program.
- Be able to commit to a 12-month Internship between June 2021- June 2022.
- Must be willing to work out of an office located in Livingston, UK.
- Legal authorization to work in the UK is required. We will be unable to sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job.
- Prior intern, co-op, or research experience in software, electrical engineering, power systems or relevant area.
- Leadership experience inside and/or outside the classroom.
- A strong commitment to a career in technology and passion/aptitude for both software and electrical engineering.
- Strong analytical and technical skills with experience in software industry standards and development tools.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to articulate clearly.
- Demonstrated creative problem solving and proactive learning.
- Skilled in some of the following: C, C++, C#, Angular, SQL, Python, Linux, Programming
- To make an application please follow this link: https://jobs.gecareers.com/global/en/job/GE11GLOBALR3540797EXTERNALENGLOBAL