Project Leader / Senior Project Leader
Friction & Forge Processes Engineer
Granta Park, Cambridge
TWI is one of the world’s leading independent research and technology organisations, with expertise in materials joining and engineering processes. We develop innovative solutions for real industry problems that can have a profound impact on the world and people’s lives. TWI actively supports diversity and inclusion, and recognises the importance of creating a culture where everyone feels valued for the contribution they make.
TWI’s FFP section has an international reputation for technical excellence, innovation and achievement, and an unrivalled range of research equipment and facilities. This varied and challenging role offers an opportunity to work with one of the World’s leading R&D organisations, on projects of international significance. We seek and an enthusiastic engineer to join the busy Friction and Forge Processes Section. The Friction & Forge Processes (FFP) team delivers a wide range of challenging R&D projects for customers across all industrial sectors. The successful candidate can expect to work on a variety of technical research projects and business development activities, covering a range of joining processes, including Linear Friction Welding, Friction Stir Welding, Rotary Friction Welding and Friction Stir Spot Welding. A strong technical background in delivering engineering or materials science projects is most desirable. So too is your experience in creating and applying innovation.
This role involves working with prestigious companies and representing TWI at events globally, therefore excellent communication skills are required and applicants must be willing to travel.
Demonstrable experience & attributes:
- Strong technical background in applied engineering, materials science or related topics.
- At least three years’ experience in a relevant engineering environment.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Team-member mentality and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to assume responsibility and work with limited timeframes and supervision.
- Aptitude for building business relationships and seeking opportunities.
Desirable attributes also include:
- Specific experience in working with friction joining technologies
- An appreciation of metallurgy and thermal effects
- Experience in creating and applying digital manufacturing solution relating to Industry 4.0
Job Role: Senior Project Leader or Project Leader, Technology
Hours: 36 hours p/wk.
No. of vacancies: 1
Closing Date: Thursday 3rd October 2019
To find out more about TWI and our corporate culture please visit our website:
To apply, please click on the link below: