The After-Sale Services Department at Rotork are currently recruiting for a Field Service Engineer. You’ll be responsible for installing, inspecting, servicing and repairing actuators and commission associated equipment in our clients’ plant and/or site primarily in the Water and Waste Water, Petrochemical, Offshore Oil, Gas And Power Generation industries.
Rotork is a FTSE 250 British engineering company, the market leading valve actuator manufacturer and flow control company, operating in any market where the flow of liquids, gases or powders needs to be controlled. Our customers rely on us for innovative, high quality engineered products and services, many of which are used in mission-critical applications.
We are embarking on a period of exciting change to significantly grow our business and consolidate our world-wide market leadership position.
Purpose of the Job:
The holder of this position will be a member of a team of Field Service Engineers who represent Rotork’s after-sale services department, and can involve some extensive travel at short notice.
The primary role of the Field Service Engineer is to install, inspect, service, repair actuators and commission associated equipment in customer’s plant/site.
The job holder shall be required to work in end user’s plant primarily in the Water and Waste Water, Petrochemical, Offshore Oil, Gas and Power Generation Industries meeting the client’s regulations and working hours.
Key Responsibilities and Outcomes:
- To identify faults, repair and test/commission actuators in the field.
- To modify/upgrade actuators in the field.
- Carry out inspections/health checks on Rotork actuators.
- Carry out mechanical and sometimes electrical installation of actuators and associated retrofit adaption components, pedestals and drive shafts.
- To produce site visit reports for each job that are accurate and technically/grammatically correct.
- To produce and submit accurate and detailed expense claims on a weekly basis.
- To produce risk assessments and review/amend method statements in line with site requirements.
- To occasionally carry out a detailed valve survey collecting mechanical data/dimensions.
- To occasionally carry out actuator repairs in the Service Workshop.
- To give basic set up training to customers if required.
- To promote the capabilities of Service and Site Projects Department and identify business opportunities.
- To keep the company vehicle clean undamaged and maintained in good repair in accordance with the maker’s service schedule.
Qualifications & Technical knowledge:
- Technical qualification in mechanical or mechanical /electrical engineering, or a sound engineering background.
- Experience post apprenticeship in a practical engineering environment, preferably in a field based role.
- Proficient Microsoft Office user i.e. Outlook, Word, Excel
- Able to attend training courses to attain Safety Passport, Confined Space and First Aid Competence.
- Able to carry out customer inductions and medicals.
- Able and willing to meet an extensive travel commitment. A full clean driving licence is required.
- Self-motivated; accepts responsibility and tackles demanding goals with enthusiasm; works hard and puts in additional hours when necessary.
- Applies specialist and detailed technical expertise, uses technology to achieve work objectives; develops job knowledge and expertise.
- Produces accurate, grammatically correct, detailed site visit reports.
- Upholds ethics ad values; demonstrates integrity; promotes and defends equal opportunities.
- Follows procedures and policies, keeps to schedules; arrives punctually for work and meetings; complies with legal obligations and safety requirements of the role.
To apply for this position please send your CV & Cover letter to Yoshi Danily at firstname.lastname@example.org.