Locations: Worthing and Poole and everywhere in between
- £18-22k for trainees
- £24-30k for experienced operators
- Overtime paid at x1.5 and 2.0
As a Fibre Engineer, you will play a key role in helping CityFibre to achieve our mission of delivering full Fibre to up to 8 million premises across the UK – building the future and be part of something far bigger than just a standard job. We will provide you with relevant training and coaching required for you to succeed in your role. You will be responsible for all aspects of the fibre build including splicing and testing (but not limited to) on existing and new build networks to specific customer specifications. This will include external and internal work, overhead and underground networks.
You will help to build the Future of Fibre by possessing the following:
Essential skills and requirements
- Experience working with Fibre Optics products including fibre prep and splice.
- Willingness to undertake all tasks, including working at heights.
- Resilience to overcome challenging situations.
- Organised, professional, and proactive approach to work.
- Ability to work alone as well as in a strong team environment.
- A high level of diplomacy and a customer focused approach to tasks.
- Excellent time-management skills.
- Flexible approach and positive attitude to work.
- Flexibility and willingness to travel between our contract sites.
- A full Driving Licence – high level of flexibility and willingness to travel across the South.
Preferable but not essential requirements
- OTDR Experience, both iOLM and OTDR with the EXFO platform of testers.
- Fusion splicing – Sumitomo 72c or similar.
- Experience with Blown Fibre Installation.
- Live network splicing and testing.
- New Build (Building new splice points using various underground joint closures and optical distribution frames).
- Producing fibre test reports.
- Being able to analyse the trace results to pinpoint any problems.
- Reading and understanding straight line drawings and fibre allocation sheets.
- Understanding and being able to follow written and verbal work instructions.
- A competitive industry salary.
- We will issue you with a large high-top van.
- All tooling that is required.
- 20 days holiday plus all bank holidays.
- A mobile phone.
- A pension scheme.
Apply now and help bring Britain up to speed!