£Excellent Salary & Benefits Package
Our client is a global organisation employing a diverse and talented workforce around the world. They are an iconic multinational technology company delivering market leading products and solutions to the defence, security and cyber sectors. They are focused on developing the very best and most innovative products and services to provide to their customers.
Ethical business is at the heart of everything they do, ensuring they work closely with local partners to support economic development by transferring knowledge, skills and technology with a mission to provide a vital advantage where it counts.
Digitally enabled outputs and outcomes are fundamental to the Group and data is critical in both their OEM and service capability. This is an exciting time to be joining a global corporation at the forefront of technological development in their areas of expertise.
The Engineering Director sets the strategic direction for the engineering function in a collaborative and partnership environment with global customers and suppliers. You will be responsible for a significant workforce across multiple international sites, providing strategic leadership and business direction to a large, diverse group of highly qualified engineers who are delivering on large scale programmes. You will:
- Lead the engineering function to ensure products and services are fit for purpose, safe, managed, controlled, governed and delivered to customers, partners and stakeholders to meet exacting contractual, technical, regulatory, legal and business requirements at sites across the UK and internationally.
- Support and drive the change agenda, particularly with regard to being more diverse in organisational thinking.
- Develop trusted partnerships with customers and suppliers.
- Influence, develop and shape contracting requirements with ultimate engineering authority.
- Assume responsibility for all engineering elements of the product and environment.
- Engage as part of the management board to align functional objectives with business strategies.
- Provide an excellent customer experience, through operational performance and embedding a culture of continuous improvement.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate significant engineering leadership experience within the aerospace and defence sector, or relevant markets such as nuclear, petrochemical, oil and gas. Experience across more than one of these markets would be highly advantageous. You will provide inspirational direction to a large, culturally diverse group of engineers working on major programme delivery in a time sensitive, safety critical, high precision and complex engineering environment. You will be:
- Someone who takes a global view, leads and inspires teams and who is a role model in terms of engineering and technology
- An individual with resilience, tenacity and strong business acumen, and who recognises and leverages cultural diversity
- A proven and forward thinking leader that generates new ideas, and is regarded by their peers and team as a trusted advisor
- A collaborative, constructive and motivational leader who is able to build relationships based on trust
- Strong at mentoring, coaching and communication with the ability to influence at all levels
- Degree educated in an Engineering discipline, and ideally professionally registered at (or working towards) Chartered Engineer level
There is geographical flexibility to recruit the right candidates into a variety of sites, both in the UK and abroad. Global mobility would be highly valued.
The role offers an excellent base salary and benefits package.
How to Apply
The preferred method of application is online at www.berwickpartners.co.uk/70715
If you are unable to apply online please email your application to email@example.com
All applications will receive an automated response.
If you have any queries or would like more information with regard to this advert please contact:
D: +44 121 654 5920
M: +44 7793 529 579