*Flexible working can be considered for this role*
This is an exciting home-based opportunity for an experienced engineer with a good knowledge of the Pressure Mechanical discipline, to carry out hands-on inspections of plant and equipment, for clients based in Central London.
As an Engineer Surveyor you will carry out hands-on inspections of plant and equipment in accordance with company Technical Standards and Health & Safety provisions, reporting to your Area Manager. You will prepare reports of examination following your inspections using electronic reporting to ensure fast and efficient delivery to our clients.
This role forms an integral part of our business, as you examine various items of equipment including pressure vessels and boilers. You will assess a wide range of installations, anticipate problems and help our clients to ensure that they comply with relevant legislation. You will prepare reports of examination following your inspections using electronic reporting to ensure fast and efficient delivery to our clients.
The role requires the successful applicant to be:
- Up to date on their knowledge and understanding of all relevant Compliance and Regulatory rules and procedures that relate to the Pressure Mechanical discipline.
- Effective at short, medium and long-term planning, in order to diarise meetings, visits and work allocation.
- Able to travel effectively within their local allocated work area.
- Able to process documentation, as well as undertaking general administration.
- A good team player, for example deputising for fellow Engineer Surveyors (of own discipline) as and when required.
What we will offer you in return:
- Starting Salary after training - £36,857 to £42,749
- Travel time in included within working week
- Competitive annual bonus scheme
- Overtime earnings - Uncapped
- Flexible buy/sell holiday options – Up to 5 days per holiday year
- Company car – Toyota range
- Flexible working
- Generous pension contributions
- Development days and unlimited Learning & Development opportunities
- A discount up to 50% on a range of insurance products for you and your family including car, home , pet and equine
- Health & lifestyle benefits for you and your family including Dental, Bupa , Canada Life and Cycle to Work
- Employee Support Programme
- Retail discounts including BMW, Vodafone, Uber Eats, attractions, travel ,shops and more
- Life cover x4
Skills & Experience:
• Background working within the Pressure Mechanical discipline with hands on inspection experience.
• Strong knowledge and experience of working with a variety of pressurised plant and equipment.
• Strong customer interaction skills are essential, including good oral and written communication skills.
• Aptitude and understanding of the need for planning and an ability to prioritise your own workload.
• Ideally, you will be an Incorporated Engineer within a relevant engineering institution and have a recognised apprenticeship or have received equivalent training.
• Strong computer literacy skills.
• Successful candidates are required to hold (or currently be working towards) certain minimum qualifications, such as HND / HNC / ONC / Full Technological Certificate / 17th Edition / Board of Trade Chief Engineer 1st Class Certificate of Competence or comparable, in pressure mechanical engineering.
For more information please contact Georgina.email@example.com - Allianz Engineering Recruitment Advisor