*Flexible working can be considered for this role*
This is an exciting home-based opportunity for an experienced engineer with a good knowledge of the Pressure Mechanical discipline, to carry out hands-on inspections of plant and equipment, for clients based in Central London.
As an Engineer Surveyor you will carry out hands-on inspections of plant and equipment in accordance with company Technical Standards and Health & Safety provisions, reporting to your Area Manager. You will prepare reports of examination following your inspections using electronic reporting to ensure fast and efficient delivery to our clients.
This role forms an integral part of our business, as you examine various items of equipment including pressure vessels and boilers. You will assess a wide range of installations, anticipate problems and help our clients to ensure that they comply with relevant legislation. You will prepare reports of examination following your inspections using electronic reporting to ensure fast and efficient delivery to our clients.
The role requires the successful applicant to be:
- Up to date on their knowledge and understanding of all relevant Compliance and Regulatory rules and procedures that relate to the Pressure Mechanical discipline.
- Effective at short, medium and long-term planning, in order to diarise meetings, visits and work allocation.
- Able to travel effectively within their local allocated work area.
- Able to process documentation, as well as undertaking general administration.
- A good team player, for example deputising for fellow Engineer Surveyors (of own discipline) as and when required.
What we will offer you in return:
- Competitive salary, which is reviewed annually
- Annual Bonus related to individual and company performance
- A generous pension plan
- Competitive holiday allowance that increases with length of service, with the option of buying and selling up to 5 days holiday per year
- Share purchase plan
- Flexible benefits plan, giving the option to tailor benefits (such as dental insurance and private medical care) to suit individual needs
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- Insurance discounts (Up to 50% off car insurance and 25% off home insurance)
Skills & Experience:
• Background working within the Pressure Mechanical discipline with hands on inspection experience.
• Strong knowledge and experience of working with a variety of pressurised plant and equipment.
• Strong customer interaction skills are essential, including good oral and written communication skills.
• Aptitude and understanding of the need for planning and an ability to prioritise your own workload.
• Ideally, you will be an Incorporated Engineer within a relevant engineering institution and have a recognised apprenticeship or have received equivalent training.
• Strong computer literacy skills.
• Successful candidates are required to hold (or currently be working towards) certain minimum qualifications, such as HND / HNC / ONC / Full Technological Certificate / 17th Edition / Board of Trade Chief Engineer 1st Class Certificate of Competence or comparable, in pressure mechanical engineering.