This is an exciting home-based opportunity for an experienced engineer with a good knowledge of the Power Press discipline to join Allianz Engineering. You will carry out hands-on inspections of plant and equipment in accordance with company Technical Standards and Health & Safety provisions, reporting to an Area Manager. You will prepare reports of examination following your inspections using electronic reporting to ensure fast and efficient delivery to our clients. This role forms an integral part of our business, as you examine various items of equipment including power presses, lifts, escalators, cranes and construction plant.
You will assess a wide range of installations, anticipate problems and help our clients to ensure that they comply with relevant legislation.
The role requires the successful applicant to be:
• Up to date on their knowledge and understanding of all relevant compliance and regulatory rules and procedures that relate to the Power Press & Lift & Crane disciplines.
• Effective at short, medium and long-term planning, in order to diarise meetings, visits and work allocation.
• Able to travel effectively within their local allocated work area.
• Able to process documentation, as well as undertaking general administration.
• A good team player, for example deputising for fellow Engineer Surveyors (of own discipline) as and when required.
Skills & Experience:
The Engineer Surveyor role requires a unique skill set – a combination of experience, technical ability, an acute awareness of workplace hazards and safety requirements, strong customer communication skills, and the confidence to make professional judgements.
Key skills and accountabilities also include:
• Background in working with lift and/or crane equipment, with hands on experience of working in a role such as manufacturing / repair / maintenance.
• Strong customer interaction skills are essential, including good oral and written communication skills.
• Good computer literacy.
• Aptitude and understanding of the need for planning and an ability to prioritise your own workload.
• Ideally, you will be an Incorporated Engineer within a relevant engineering institution and have a recognised apprenticeship or have received equivalent training.
Successful candidates are required to hold (or currently be working towards) certain minimum qualifications, such as HND / HNC / Full Technological Certificate/ Board of Trade Chief Engineer 1st Class Certificate of Competence or comparable, in the Power Press discipline. Candidates with a NVQ Level 3 or ONC qualification will also be considered in certain circumstances. Up to two years’ support to obtain the correct level qualification will be provided by the Company.
Please note: The Engineer Surveyor role does require regular lifting, climbing and working in confined spaces.
What we will offer you in return:
• Starting Salary after training - £36,857 to £42,749
• Travel time in included within working week
• Competitive annual bonus scheme
• Overtime earnings - Uncapped
• Flexible buy/sell holiday options – Up to 5 days per holiday year
• Company car – Toyota range
• Flexible working
• Generous pension contributions
• Development days and unlimited Learning & Development opportunities
• A discount up to 50% on a range of insurance products for you and your family including car, home , pet and equine
• Health & lifestyle benefits for you and your family including Dental, Bupa , Canada Life and Cycle to Work
• Employee Support Programme
• Retail discounts including BMW, Vodafone, Uber Eats, attractions, travel ,shops and more
• Life cover x4
For more information please contact Georgina.firstname.lastname@example.org - Allianz Engineering Recruitment Advisor