This is an exciting home-based opportunity for an experienced engineer with a good knowledge of the Lift and Crane discipline to join Allianz Engineering, a division of one of the largest insurers and financial services companies in the world.
As an Engineer Surveyor you will assess a wide range of installations, anticipate problems and help our clients to ensure that they comply with relevant legislation. You will work closely with your Engineer Surveyor Team managed by one of our Area Managers. You will prepare reports of examination following your inspections using electronic reporting to ensure fast and efficient delivery to our clients.
This role forms an integral part of our business, as you carry out hands-on inspections of various items of plant and equipment such as lifts, escalators, cranes and construction plant. This role with also involve an element of Pressure Mechanical work on Minor Pressure Systems (MPS). You will assess a wide range of installations, anticipate problems and help our clients to ensure that they comply with relevant legislation.
The role requires the successful applicant to be:
- Being up to date on your knowledge and understanding of all relevant compliance and regulatory rules and procedures that relate to the Lift and Crane discipline.
- Making well informed decisions, and willing to take responsibility.
- Being effective at short, medium and long-term planning, in order to diarise meetings, visits and work allocation.
- Being able to travel effectively within your local allocated work area.
- Processing documentation, as well as undertaking general administration in a timely manner.
- Willingness to support and deputise for fellow Engineer Surveyors (of own discipline) as and when required. Part of the role may also involve an element of Pressure Mechanical work on Minor Pressure Systems (MPS). Previous experience would be advantageous
What we will offer you in return:
- Competitive salary, which is reviewed annually
- Annual Bonus related to individual and company performance
- A generous pension plan with employer contributions up to 15%
- Competitive holiday allowance that increases with length of service, with the option of buying and selling up to 5 days holiday per year
- Share purchase plan
- Flexible benefits plan, giving the option to tailor benefits (such as dental insurance and private medical care) to suit individual needs
- Excellent training and development opportunities including our own Engineer Development Programme.
- Insurance discounts (Up to 50% off car insurance and 25% off home insurance)
Skills & Experience:
- A background in working with lifts and/or crane equipment, with hands on experience of working in a role such as manufacturing / repair / maintenance.
- Strong customer interaction skills are essential, including good oral and written communication skills.
- Incorporated Engineer (Preferred) and have a recognised apprenticeship or have received equivalent training.
- A holder of a full valid UK driving licence
- Being able and willing to work out of allocated work area and away from home.
- Good computer literacy skills.
- Successful candidates are required to hold (or currently be working towards) certain minimum qualifications, such as HND / HNC / ONC / Full Technological Certificate / 17th Edition / Board of Trade Chief Engineer 1st Class Certificate of Competence or comparable, in the Lift & Crane discipline.
At Allianz, we welcome applications from everyone, regardless of your background or needs. If you need assistance with making your application please contact us at email@example.com
Please be aware that we will require satisfactory pre-employment evidence to include DBS, Financial Probity and Fraud checks, before you can commence employment with us.
To apply please visit the Allianz website HERE.