The role is broad – you will be required to assist with researching and analysing design concepts, designing and implementing solutions and testing/evaluating the development of C++ embedded system firmware and software modules across multiple platforms and from multiple aspects. Any prior experience or experimentation with IoT development will be beneficial.
Development of the control system will be within an autonomous middleware framework, with some potential to re-direct your focus and specialise in your preferred skillset as the project progresses.
The position may present opportunities for some domestic and international travel, both overseas within the company or meeting with stakeholders and to support testing and trials throughout project phases.
- Establish a local BitBucket server as a solid foundation for accelerating in-house development of the project
- Build and execute a Docker container snapshot of the autonomy system to conduct stress testing utilising cloud resources
- Develop and implement a detailed testing plan for our existing Proof of Concept development
- Maintain and improve existing C++ software modules across a multi-platform embedded systems project
- Design and implement new software modules and interfaces
- Participate in analysing, designing, documenting, implementing, testing, deploying and maintaining systems and producing quality code applying an Agile-inspired developmental approach
- Prioritise project objectives within a team and manage work tasks and time independently
- Have a proactive attitude and a professional approach to enable working independently with confidence
- Be a productive team member with excellent written and verbal communication skillsd
- Have a proven history of reading, interpreting and producing high-quality technical documentation such as diagrams and documentation for software design, datasheets of electronic components and project management tools
- Display technical aptitude and sound analytical, decision making, problem solving and project prioritisation skills
- Possess a Computer Science / Software Engineering / Mechatronic Engineering Degree or equivalent
- Proven Industry Experience
- C/C++ / Arduino programming experience
- Python programming experience
- Linux scripting and networking familiarity
- Understanding of common Version Control Systems (Git/BitBucket/SVN)