Linx is renowned globally for Coding and Marking solutions. Manufacturing industries far and wide benefit from our expertise in batch and date coding of products and packaging. As a key player in both the continuous inkjet and laser marking industries, we hold a significant and increasing worldwide market share, achieved by continuing emphasis on engineering excellence and best in class products, outstanding marketing, customer service and professional management.
We are looking for someone to join our team with the right attitude, good grounding in Electronics principles and design with a consistent track record in product design and manufacture, wanting to grow and develop in the role with high motivation and good organisation skills. The right person would have the opportunity to be involved with all aspects of Electronic assemblies used within Linx products.
Supporting various departments to develop and support Linx products, with opportunities to collaborate with many of the R&D departments (Mech, Physics, Chemistry and Software), the role will include:
- Designing and supporting all Electronic systems, including:
- Schematic and PCB layout, high voltage circuits, power supplies, analogue and high-speed digital circuits.
- A good understanding of safety, EMC, thermal management and mechanical integration
- Able to write software including VHDL, C, Assembler and Linux a distinct advantage
- Test and validation of designs, with experience in prototyping, debugging and modelling
- Working alongside other Electronics Engineers to share and develop multi-functional knowledge and skills, providing input in design reviews and problem solving support
- Collaborating with other Engineers in the department, such as Mechanical and Software Engineers to develop a complete system
- Supporting the onsite production team with Electronic issues
- Supporting internal processes and continuous improvements activities throughout the department
- Liaising with suppliers on developments and technical issues
- Working with production and suppliers to qualify new parts and components, to address obsolescence, allocation or extended lead-times
- Actively being involved with Kaizen and workshops to deliver ideas and suggestions to make savings and improvements.
- Creating and delivering high quality reports and documentation, with good attention to detail
- Designing and developing components and products incorporating electronics and software within the Engineering department of a commercial company.
- Detailed knowledge on topics including electronics engineering from first principles, sophisticated system integration, analytical skills and problem solving ability.
- Design of products using various CAD tools, integrating mechanics, electronics and software.
- Experience with production tools and techniques to support suppliers of electronic components and assemblies.
- Honours Degree in Electronics Engineering or time-served experience in a relevant industry.