The integral role of Electrical Technician contributes to the smooth running of terminal operations by ensuring availability and reliability of cranes and mobile equipment. Technicians are assigned to an asset group, to carry out preventive maintenance, repairs and project related work, as well as to provide support during the delivery, inspection and commissioning of new equipment.
To ensure that all preventive maintenance and repair activities are carried out at the highest level of efficiency and quality at optimum cost. To work safely and effectively in accordance with internal and HSE requirements. Maintain high equipment availability, reliability and safety standards in line with goals and objectives set out by the Company
- Carry out preventive maintenance and repair activities following Company Safety standards, engineering procedures, safe industry practices and statutory regulations and requirements. The maintenance and repair works may also involve mechanical duties.
- To competently carry out preventive maintenance and repair works in order to minimise equipment downtime.
- Collect data/information while carrying out work on any asset and provide to Engineering Planners
- Manage and supervise contractors during delivery and commissioning of equipment or while working on any asset, ensuring safe working practices are followed.
- To support the development, improvement and updating of method statements and risk assessments for any preventive maintenance or repairs carried out on any asset
- Lead by example and encourage others to implement and improve safe working procedures and practices
- Work closely with the stores and Asset Managers to maintain inventory and stock levels.
- Continuously innovate and improve to ensure optimal productivity and equipment performance.
The above outlined responsibilities are not exhaustive and you may be required to carry out other tasks that are appropriate to your role in addition to these.
To apply for this position, please visit our website: https://cezanneondemand.intervieweb.it/dpworld/jobs/electrical_technician_10027/en/
We are looking for people to join our day shift team which includes some weekends.
National Qualifications Framework – Minimum Level 3 Qualification (NVQ, City & Guilds etc.) Professional qualification in electrical discipline.
Experience is required in some of the following areas:
Excellent knowledge and demonstrable experience of equipment maintenance.
Trouble shooting and fault diagnostic of electrical and control circuits
Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC) diagnosis and troubleshooting
Understanding of PLC programming is not essential, however a basic understanding will be an advantage.
Trouble shooting motors and inverter drives/frequency controllers.
Experience and knowledge of HSE regulations related to equipment maintenance and activities.
London Gateway is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief or marital status.