Dornan are an Irish M&E tier 2 contractor within Building Services, we are recruiting for an Senior electrically biased Project Manager that has experience on Commercial projects , this particular project is a £7M Hospital fit out project based in Kensington.
- Dornan are a well-established company with a family feel and a down to earth team
- Dornan offer a clear progression path , always seeking opportunities to promote from within
- Dornan offer educational assistance and promote CPD
- Dornan promote collaboration through various team building , social and charity events
- Dornan are committed to employee wellbeing with our Employee Assistance Programme and an in house Health & Wellbeing advisor
Project Start-Up Phase
- Arrange and chair handover of project from estimating department to construction team.
- Liaise with the Director of the project regarding staffing for the project.
- Validate project and in doing so develop business plan, cost control system, cash flow and billable schedules, etc.
- Produce procurement plan, drawing / design plan, construction programme, s-curve and histogram.
- Liaise with client and design team on procurement and engineering issues.
- Develop project safety and quality plans.
- Mobilise sub-contractors and labour in accordance with business plan.
- Mobilise site establishment.
- Development Project measure prior to commencement of Construction in line with the agreed project programme
- Ensure projects team familiarity with the Projects contract requirements
Project Running Phase
- Agree a training plan for staff and operatives particular to your site in conjunction with the Director of the project.
Manage your site team:
- Effective day to day running of site activities
- Ensure the delivery of the project within the given constraints of time and cost.
- Ensure compliance with programme, materials deliveries, and engineering, quality and safety issues.
- Ensure compliance with Contract requirements
- Ensure audits are carried out by the ED in accordance with the design plan (if applicable).
- Attend meetings with client.
- Hold weekly progress meetings with sub-contractors and ensure that safety and training are discussed.
- Hold monthly team meetings to discuss project progress against milestones
- Ensure effective cost and sales control in conjunction with Q.S & Lead Engineers.
- Advise client in good time of current sales plan.
- Ensure productivity at work face is measured on a weekly basis also maintain project progress control.
- Submit monthly internal reports to Operations Director.
- To minimise company exposure to risk on the project.
- Manage and coordinate installation of the project.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant technical aspects within construction industry standards and local authorities requirements if applicable
- Manage labour and subcontractors ensuring compliance for installation in accordance with the projects specification and contract documentation
- To ensure that all health, safety and welfare obligations associated with the project delivery are met.
- To create and execute project work plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- To ensure that relations with the client and all stakeholders in the project are maintained and managed to an appropriate level.
- To apply the clients methodology effectively and enforce project standards.
- To ensure project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
- Audit and prepare on-site quality plans
- Monitor & maintain site EHS requirements
- Establish an effective material stock control and storage system
Project Completion Phase
- Understand the requirements and actions to be taken to test, commission and handover the project prior to the commencement of the commissioning period
- Ensure testing and commissioning is carried out in accordance with the Quality Plan and projects specific requirements.
- Ensure final design audit (if applicable) is carried out by the ED.
- Complete and certify all ‘life systems’ in good time for handover date.
- Ensure all systems are demonstrated to Client and projects Building control officer.
- Issue O&M manual format’s for approval prior to final submission
- Handover O&M manual and record drawings.
- Prepare final account with the QS, submit and agree with client in line with company objective.
- Demobilise site team and establishment in conjunction with Director of the project.
- Produce a project close-out report and submit to the Operations Director.
- Archive project server and EHS files in accordance with DEL’s requirements.
- Maintain contact with client for warranty period and thereafter when retention monies are collected.
- Undertake a lessons learnt review on the project and present these findings to the Directors
- Post contract completion i.e. clearing site/archiving/financial & practical review/installed drawings and manuals/secure disposal of confidential information and systems
To apply please click on the following link : https://candidate.hr-manager.net/ApplicationInit.aspx?cid=1792&ProjectId=144084&DepartmentId=18975&MediaId=4639
Please select WES as the "how did you hear about us"
*Place of work – The employee’s normal place of work will be 114A Cromwell Road, London, SW7 4ES, this shall be your normal place of employment unless you are assigned temporarily to another project site. It is a condition of employment that you are available to travel to or work at any of the Company’s work locations, project sites or company offices in Ireland, UK or Europe.