MTrec is proudly representing our international manufacturing client in their search to appoint a highly skilled and experienced Electrical Process/Equipment Development Engineer. You will be working on a range of high-profile projects for the business, ensuing the company is at the forefront of machine and technology development, for new product introduction and process improvements. If you are a time-served craftsman who has developed their career into PLC, Controls, Software and Technology development, programming and integration and you are now looking for an exciting and challenging career move, please apply for an immediate response.
- Responsible for the design, development and introduction of new equipment and processes, control of equipment standards and systems throughout the building.
- The Engineer may also undertake responsibility as a Subject Matter Expert E.g. Vision, Robotics (programming and integration into core technologies), Mechanical / Electrical Design (functional design/verification and directives compliance) supporting the wider client group.
- This role requires international travel with extended periods of stay.
- Produce detailed machinery and process specifications which are aligned to new/existing product needs and/or change requirements, creates concepts either internally or in conjunction with machinery suppliers for new processes that support the technology strategy.
- Commissions equipment with UK and overseas machine suppliers ensuring new equipment meets client and legislative HSE regulations.
- Plans activities and projects well in advance and takes account of possible changing circumstances.
- Identifies and organises resources needed to accomplish tasks, manages time effectively, sets motivating and ambitious goals and targets for self, monitors performance against deadlines and milestones and initiates corrective action as needed to ensure OTD, expenditure, productivity and quality cost targets are met, takes care to ensure stakeholder needs are incorporated into project plans e.g. global equipment commissioning process.
- Undertake feasibility studies to verify concepts and construct specifications, works independently, with internal teams and/or with equipment suppliers to deliver cost effective designs, specifications and finished equipment which meets UK and EU safety standards.
- Demonstrate financial awareness in process design and supplier selection, inputs into capital expenditure submissions, manages project investment and on time delivery of various capital equipment to ensure expenditure is aligned to project plans, monitors and controls costs and thinks in terms of profit, loss and added value, reviews performance of budgets and initiates corrective action as needed.
- PUWER, EU machinery directives, closely cooperates with HSE function and promotes a health and safety culture; attends safety training as required.
- Time-served electrical apprenticeship with progression into maintenance engineering, then automation, controls and PLC development and programming.
- Experience of design / development of processes and/or equipment.
- Experience of working with light automated assembly processes, robotics.
- Exposure to working with HSE requirements (PUWER) and Machinery Directives relative to equipment design (machine control / safety circuits and components / PL rating – Mechatronics background).
- Construction and control of projects for the delivery of equipment and processes.
- Technical: Equipment electrical system design capabilities, PLC conversant (Omron, Mitsubishi, Siemens), data acquisition know how, machine control system function,
- Proficient in CAD, MS Office, data analysis tools, document management systems.
- This is an outstanding opportunity for the chosen candidate to work for a blue-chip employer in a critical position within the company.
- This is an exciting role where candidates will be tasked with developing and improving processes and machine directives.
- The role will offer candidates the opportunity to travel abroad.
- This position offers an excellent salary package.
Please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07966000921