Electrical and Mechanical Engineer – Career Transition Programme
Equinix is the world’s digital infrastructure company, operating 200+ data centres across the globe and providing interconnections to all the key clouds and networks. Businesses need one place to simplify and bring together fragmented, complex infrastructure that spans private and public cloud environments. Our global platform allows customers to place infrastructure wherever they need it and connect it to everything they need to succeed. We are a fast-growing global company with 70+ consecutive quarters of growth. Through our innovative portfolio of high-performance products and services, we have built the largest, most active global ecosystem of nearly 10,000 companies, including 1,800+ networks and 2,900+ cloud and IT service providers in over 26 countries spanning five continents.
Joining our operations team means that you will be at the forefront of all we do, maintaining critical facilities infrastructure as part of a close-knit team delivering outstanding service to our data centre customers. We embrace diversity in thought and contribution and are committed to providing an equitable work environment that is foundational to our core values as a company and is vital to our success.
In the engineering team, we keep the lights on! We are responsible for maintaining the critical electrical and mechanical infrastructure across the various sites. This includes stand by power generators, UPS, HVAC systems, AC units and chilled water systems.
With both technical and on the job training, you’ll be working as part of a strong team working together to achieve the following:
- Able to translate customer requirements into work deliverables
- Implementing, commissioning and setting up new facilities
- Working with key business leaders to increase current facility capacity, efficiency, sustainability and reliability
- Infrastructure maintenance
- Performing site inspections
- Carrying out complex maintenance and repairs on control systems
- Developing SOWs for routine control systems projects
- Running corrective maintenance
- Site administration
- Completing site logs and data gathering for permits, such as MOPs and scripts
- Completing basic work requests and circuit installations
To participate in our training programme, we are actively seeking applications from different sectors as we will provide the training you need to build a successful career within our data centres. We are looking for applicants with:
- A qualification in electrical or mechanical engineering (BSc, apprenticeship, NVQ level 3 or BTEC level 3)
- Knowledge of critical infrastructure equipment and tools such as UPS, generators, BMS (Building Management System), chillers and FSM (Fire Safety Management) is highly desirable.
- A positive outlook, a hunger to learn, and a desire to develop and grow are essential, as is the ability to work well within a team.
What we Offer
At Equinix, we believe that our culture and values are at the heart of our success and it’s our authentic, humble, and dedicated people who create the Magic of Equinix. We know we are only as successful as our people, so strive to offer a supportive and progressive working environment where we actively promote learning and development so our people can grow their careers with us. Additionally, we offer a competitive salary and comprehensive flexible benefits package.
Equinix is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability. We actively champion diversity with a series of networks including Black Connect, Equinix Women’s Leadership Network, and Pride Connect.
Apply via this link: