As part of our commitment to developing young engineering talent we have a new opportunity for a System Architect to be based out of our Innovation Centre in Abingdon. You will get the opportunity to gain experience in System Architecture by working with our multi-skilled Engineering Team to develop product innovations and improvements aligned to the requirements of our customers.
Abingdon is at the forefront of research and development in electric motor design, power electronics and embedded software and supports GKN Automotive sites globally.
This is your chance to support:
- The research and investigation features for eDrive systems from EE-HW, SW, and mechanical perspective
- Market analyses in terms of technical features concerning GKN eDrive portfolio
- Identification and incorporation of innovation features in the existing system architectural model
- Definition of System Requirements Specification considering GKN eMotor and Inverter portfolio for 800 and 400 Voltage topologies
You will be working with in a supportive team environment where experience is openly shared, and priority is given to develop your skills & experience.
You will also have the chance to work on international projects (travel restrictions allowing).
Bachelors in Engineering (Mechanical / Electrical / Electronics, Mechatronics) / Bachelor in Physics or similar.
- Demonstrable research and analytical skills
- Some experience in a technical field, preferably Mechatronics or Calibration
- Some experience of modeling
Desirable Experience and Skills
For more information or to apply, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.