Who we are:
BIOS is unlocking the potential of the nervous system in treating chronic disease by using AI-powered neural interfaces that can automatically read and write neural signals. The human nervous system carries vast quantities of data and scientists have long known that faulty signals in the nervous system play a key role in driving chronic diseases. By understanding and correcting these signals in real time, BIOS can treat chronic illnesses in an effective, automated, and personalised way, leading to seamlessly experienced healthcare. BIOS utilises its proprietary breakthroughs in AI and Machine Learning to translate the “language” of the nervous system for the first time. BIOS’ neural code is built on the world’s largest proprietary neural data set and is already in use clinically to enhance data from wearables used in remote chronic disease care.
BIOS is made up of a wide range of experts from neuroscience, machine learning, software engineering, applied biomaterials, biotechnology, medicine, and business and operations. The combined experience of the BIOS team extends to over 300 peer-reviewed publications, 10+ first of kind medical devices, and 6k+ clinical procedures.
We are looking for people who will fit into our diverse, fun and stimulating company team culture, who are focused on overcoming challenges, and want to grow along with the company. We are especially looking for candidates that share our values: enjoy solving hard problems; bring a unique perspective but become an active part of the BIOS team; respect what matters and do what’s right; and enjoy the challenge.
This is a hybrid role (a combination of office and remote).
Together with the team, you will support implementation of BIOS cloud & edge device products through infrastructure deployment, best practices, data migration, capacity planning, implementation, troubleshooting, monitoring, and more.
- Build & deployment automation of our software solutions and services
- Management, monitoring, scaling and costing of our cloud-based services
- Management of our CI servers
- Some office IT support incl. setting up new resources
You'll be a great fit for this role if you have:
- Considerable experience in DevOps
- Experience with Linux administration, CI, Docker, databases, backups, networking
- Setup & managed AWS systems incl. Kubernetes and IAM roles
- Working knowledge of git
- Used issue tracking systems such as GitLab or Jira
- Familiarity with standard IT security practices such as encryption, certificates and key management
- Basic office IT support capability
It's ideal if you have experience with:
- Postgres, Influx, Elasticsearch
- Terraform cloud deployment
- GitLab incl. CI
- Working in a regulated industry (such as medical, energy or defense)
- Slack, Microsoft Office 365, Google G Suite
- Setting up, monitoring & management of Cyber Security
We understand that people who are happy and healthy at work and at home produce better results. Therefore we have a compensation and benefits package that promotes health, finance, life:work balance and professional development. We offer:
- A competitive salary, dependent on experience
- Company share options
- Hybrid working (office and remote) and flexible hours (outside of core hours)
- Healthcare and Dental insurance
- Enhanced Pension scheme
- A variety of well-being initiatives (incl. gym membership contribution, cycle maintenance scheme)
- Financial support for commuters through our season ticket loan scheme
- Great central Cambridge location with excellent transport links (incl. rail, bus, bike, scooters) and local amenities
BIOS is committed to equal employment opportunities. We welcome applications from all qualified applicants who will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, gender or sexual orientation.
To apply for this role, please click on this link