Without water, life as we know it would be impossible.
Every day, we rely on it for drinking, washing and cleaning. It helps create the energy we need for heat and light. It’s also essential to the products we enjoy and the natural world we depend upon.
Yet the South East faces a future of more people and less water. Our population is growing fast, and climate change is bringing greater risk of both drought and flooding.
In the water industry, your work will help to address these challenges and give people access to sustainable, high-quality water and wastewater services for decades to come.
The South East is also home to over 700 miles of coastline, two National Parks, four Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty and some of the world’s rarest chalk streams. As well as working within these breath-taking environments, your activities will help preserve them for generations to come.
Why Southern Water?
Each day, over four million people across Sussex, Kent, Hampshire and the Isle of Wight count on us for their essential water or wastewater services. Our work is vital, because we’re providing water for life.
Do you want to make a difference? At Southern Water, you work will help to enhance health and wellbeing, protect and improve the environment and sustain the economy. You’ll also play an important role in helping us deliver a resilient water future for the South East.
Are you a natural collaborator with a strong moral compass and high standards? If so, you’ll fit right in. Everything we do is underpinned by three values: succeeding together, doing the right thing and always improving.
Do you want to bring your authentic self to work every day? We do too. That’s why we’re building an inclusive culture and are proud to offer equal opportunities regardless of age, cultural background, disability, gender, marital status, nationality, political belief, race, religion or sexual orientation. We believe the unique perspectives and experiences each of us brings make us stronger.
About the Role:
Job Title: Delivery Engineer
Hours: 38 per week
Salary: up to £33,100
As well as a competitive salary, we develop our people, recognise talent and reward hard work – and you’ll also enjoy a substantial list of benefits:
• Career progression, training and development opportunities
• Company and performance-related bonus
• Generous pension with up to 11% company contribution
• Life assurance payment equal to four times your annual salary
• Health benefits through a Cash Plan
• Two paid community volunteering days a year
• 25 days annual holiday
• Occupational health service
• Perkbox benefits offering discounts and savings on a number of products and experiences
• Study support may be available for job-related qualifications
• We offer competitive maternity leave and flexible return to work options
We have an opportunity for you join our Operations department in the Hampshire Area. You will be actively involved for ensuring all Repair & Maintenance contractor work, Projects and schemes are adhered too. This role requires you to manage and review on site activities of our Service partners to ensure that work is undertaken in accordance with health and safety requirements, contract conditions, design specifications, other company rules and regulations, Including relevant contractual and construction best practice within the Waste Water Treatment Works. This a challenging but highly rewarding role.
An attractive salary of up to £33,100, business, Company Van, 25 days of annual leave and other Southern Water benefits will be included.
A DBS check will be required for this role.
• To review proposed works to ensure they are necessary and ensure they receive the correct priority
• To manage day-to-day issues regarding the delivery of schemes or projects under remit
• To measure progress against the reactive work priorities and take steps to mitigate any delays or deviations from the project plan to ensure that the project is delivered to the design and criteria specified by Asset Management
• To ensure that site work is delivered in an effective and efficient manner that ensures value for money for SW and meets cost, time, quality and regulatory criteria.
• To agree commissioning, take-over, completion and final certification criteria with contractors and operations.
• To visit sites regularly to review site activities and monitor progress to ensure works are progressing in a timely way and that the work is of a satisfactory quality.
• To raise any issues with contractors and resolve these with them as soon as possible.
• To ensure that risks associated with the project are understood, documented and managed until completion.
• To complete paperwork and prepare management information as required to support timely and accurate reporting.
• To work with all the stakeholders to drive down POOA, save Southern Water money on Opex and Capex and minimise the plant on hire time and costs.
• Preferable to have an Engineering background
• Experience with Southern Water Processes
• Experience with waste water process would be an advantage
• Must have a full clean driving license
Please note: If you are an existing Southern Water employee, you will need to confirm within your application that your Manager is aware of your application. Please note, CVs will be sent upon advert closing date.
Does this opportunity excite you but you’re not 100% sure if you meet all the requirements for the role? Or are you concerned that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t possible given your personal circumstances? Whilst we can’t accommodate every flexible working request, we’ll try to find a practical solution. So why not engage with us and find out more about this role?'
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. You will need to provide evidence of eligibility (e.g. a passport or long birth certificate and proof of NI) and current proof of address (dated within the last 3 months), will be required as part of the recruitment process. If you do not meet these criteria, your application will not be considered.