Our client have an exciting opportunity for a Core Technology Manager to lead a team of software & electronics engineers and motor technologists, developing innovative solutions for control, monitoring and diagnostics of a wide range of vacuum products and applications. The position is based in Burgess Hill, UK, but involves working closely with a network of global contacts and may include some international travel.
The Core Technology Manager directs the strategy and manages the activities of a team of engineers and technologists, who are the subject matter experts in software, electronics, motors & drives. The manager must inspire the team to successfully develop innovative customer-enabling technologies, to maintain and extend Vacuum Technique’s global leadership.
The Core Technology Manager is responsible for defining and validating the software, electronics and motors roadmaps and working closely with the Vacuum Technique Business Area management team to ensure alignment with the business strategy.
We require degree level or higher qualification in an electronics or software engineering discipline, and substantial experience of R&D management and product development in a high technology environment. Essential attributes include:
- A proven ability to manage technology/innovation projects, delivering on time and to specification, with the resilience to overcome technical challenges
- Fostering innovation to improve product design and performance
- Business and commercial awareness to identify technology opportunities, and ability to make balanced proposals for the technology plan.
- Able to build, develop, inspire, and direct a cohesive team
- Analytical approach with a proven ability to apply scientific principles
- Influencing, communication, presentation and negotiating skills at the highest levels, both internally and externally. Able to achieve credibility and command respect.
- Ideally the applicant will already have a comprehensive knowledge of software and electronics in scientific, engineering and industrial applications, markets and technologies. In particular, s/he will be acutely aware of how value can be created from data from smart and connected products.
We are committed to understanding and meeting the needs of our customers, requiring collaboration with academic and industrial partners. The role may require some international travel.
Red Recruitment (agency) #REDUK