Composites Engineer (Oil and Gas)
TWI Ltd, Joining Section
Granta Park, Cambridge
TWI is a world expert in engineering, materials and joining technologies. We provide industry with advice and know-how in design, fabrication, failure analysis and prevention.
The Adhesives, Composites and Sealants section provides world-class technology in the fields of novel composites processing, composites joining and adhesive bonding. The section seeks to recruit a Project Leader/Senior Project Leader to deliver projects in the field of composite materials and structures.
Main duties and responsibilities include:
- Mechanical testing of composites
- Producing composites specimens
- Managing projects efficiently to meet client, health, safety, quality and budget requirements.
- Supporting projects in the areas of composites processing, joining and environmental testing
- Experience in working with composite pipes will be appreciated but is not a requirement.
- BSc and above qualification Materials Science, Chemical Engineering or Polymer Chemistry
- At least one (ideally two) of the four skills described below:
- Knowledge of composites manufacturing processes
- Knowledge of fracture mechanics of composites
- Knowledge of composites testing (static and/or dynamic) and interpretation of results
- Knowledge of composites performance at high temperature – high pressure environments and interaction with petrochemical products
The ideal candidate will have:
- Intrinsically high level of motivation with a good work ethic
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong documentation and writing skills
- Conduct themselves in line with TWI’s values of teamwork, innovation, taking responsibility, customer focus, adaptability and respect.
The role requires regular travel with notice within the UK and occasionally overseas. TWI offers a comprehensive training programme, incorporating both in-house and external courses to support the development of staff.
Job Profile: Senior Project Leader or Project Leader
Job Role: Senior Project Leader or Project Leader, Technology
Hours: 36 hours p/wk.
Closing Date: Monday 1st July 2019
To find out more about TWI and our corporate culture please visit our website:
To apply, please click on the link below: