Regulatory Compliance Technologist | De’Longhi Group (Braun Household, De’Longhi, Kenwood) | Kenwood Global Headquarters, Havant, Hampshire | £Competitive + excellent benefits package
Seeking a technologist who knows the devil is in the detail.
As a manufacturer of premium products that sell globally, De’Longhi group must adhere to the highest standards. Our Standards team is critically important and very busy, being responsible for the electrical, mechanical and electrochemical safety and requirements of a sizeable product range. And there’s always the possibility of new markets opening up—with the regional differences in certifications that entails—to keep us on our toes.
We’re now seeking a highly organised, detail-oriented Regulatory Compliance Technologist to join our small team, where you will support the Standards and Approvals Manager, ensuring our products comply with worldwide standards, directives, legislation and regulations.
About the role
Using your knowledge of the ever-shifting global Materials and Articles in Contact with Food, RoHS and REACH regulations and related chemical compliance, you will help us to minimise risk to consumers by advising De’Longhi Group teams on the best materials to use in our product manufacture.
As well as helping R&D teams to select the optimum materials for products, you’ll help to design them in a way that facilitates compliance, such as by reducing food contact areas, adding seals and understanding how foods or liquids may travel around our products in everyday use. You’ll manage submissions to laboratories in Asia, communicating your knowledge and guidance clearly and concisely.
This is a problem-solving role that requires a positive, solutions-focused individual: to succeed in this role you must thrive on the challenge of working towards compliance through continuous improvement, viewing obstacles as an inevitable process in the road to success.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Independently undertaking assessments of product prototypes, bill of materials and submission-level samples to include identifying food contact parts and identifying possible SVHC, BPA, PAH, POP, Phthalate high risk materials.
- Co-ordinating product approval submissions with third party test houses, notified bodies or other global regulatory agencies to ensure they are completed within the required product development timescales ensuring product launch timescales are met.
- Reviewing and maintaining approvals databases and company filing system.
- Verifying, issuing and maintaining product test reports, certification, technical documentation and supporting literature to ensure compliance with the latest regulatory and legislative requirements.
- Composing Declarations of Conformity to be shared both in house and with external parties.
- Uploading SVHC data to the SCIP Database.
- Creating Excel Bills of Materials listing all relevant components and their corresponding reports.
- Reviewing certification received from test houses, ensuring the accuracy of the data documented.
- Maintaining awareness of changes to worldwide safety standards, directives, legislation and regulations and have a good understanding of minimum requirements.
You’ll have a background in an applicable product compliance and certification role covering legislation, directives and regulations, ideally for household domestic appliances.
You must possess organisation, attention to detail and prioritisation skills that are second to none: you’ll be dealing with lengthy reports and thousands of data points, whilst juggling multiple projects and priorities.
You’ll have sound working knowledge of modern quality, product development and manufacturing systems, technologies, and processes, and strong understanding of product compliance in at least three of the following: RoHS, REACH, Materials and Articles in Contact with Food, POP, BPA, PAH and Phthalate legislations in the EU. Also useful are knowledge of Food Contact Legislations in China, US, Japan and Korea. Knowledge of Safety, LVD, EMC and EcoDesign is an advantage.
Your stakeholder management and communications skills must be excellent, as you’ll be working with cross-functional teams and articulating a great deal of information concisely.
You’ll need to be comfortable working with the MS and Google suite of software (Excel and Word) and familiarity with SAP would be beneficial.
What’s in it for you?
This is a chance to have a big impact on a major brand group as your solutions and knowledge will help us successfully release products to market and keep abreast of rapidly-changing, complex global standards. You will also work across all our product categories, with some input into design. Our culture and office environment are outstanding, with heavy investment into learning and development for all staff. Our extensive benefits include:
- Competitive Salary
- Excellent contributory pension
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Superb subsidised restaurant
- Free on-site parking
- Flexible benefits package
- Access to a range of wellbeing activities and events
De'Longhi, Kenwood and Braun Household are pioneering kitchen and home appliance brands that are internationally recognised and respected. They are all part of the De'Longhi Group, which is based in Treviso, near Venice in Italy, and has international operations in more than 30 countries.
You’ll work mostly from Kenwood’s global HQ on the beautiful South Coast between Portsmouth and Chichester, where our products are conceived and tested, and where our UK De’Longhi division is based. There may be some travel and some opportunity to work from home.
To apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org