To support the District Civil Engineer in delivering all civil engineering work in accordance with budgets, environmental standards, technical specifications, and statutory regulations within Yorkshire Forest District. To support the district staff in any civil engineering related matters.
Key Work Areas
• Assist District Engineer in the preparation and administration of FD Business Plans.
• Plan, agree and prioritise local construction and maintenance programmes in conjunction with appropriate Forest District Staff.
• Procure and supervise Framework Contract and internal resources to deliver agreed programmes in a timely manner, safely, to agreed standards and at appropriate cost.
• Assist District Engineer in management of Asset Database and completion of Forest District Inspection programme for Bridges, Reservoirs and other structures.
• Advise and support Forest District staff on all Civil Engineering issues.
• Promote and encourage positive H&S culture on civil engineering sites and through out the district.
Person Specification: Experience / Professional and Technical Expertise
• Proven experience of delivering civil engineering works to a high quality in a rural environment.
• Knowledge and understanding of CDM2015 and construction Health, Safety & Environmental risk management.
• Knowledge of MS Office, CAD and MS Project
• Member, or working towards membership, of professional body e.g. ICE.
• Experience in civil engineering contract management & project planning & understanding of NEC4 form of contract.
• Knowledge of concrete and timber bridge construction techniques
• Knowledge of Project delivery via framework contracts
• Degree and/or professional qualification and/or relevant experience in Civil Engineering or related field
Member, or working towards membership, of professional body e.g. ICE.
For further information and details of how to apply for the post, please go to the Civil Service Jobs website: