KeolisAmey Docklands are currently recruiting for a Civil Engineer based in East London. The Civil Engineer will provide engineering assurance, technical expertise, direction and support to the maintenance and projects teams in relation to the civils assets and associated systems and to ensure the safe reliable and efficient operation, maintenance, and development of the Docklands Light Railway.
Position: Civil Engineer
Location: Poplar, East London
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 35 hours per week
About the role:
We are currently recruiting for a Civil Engineer to provide engineering assurance, technical expertise, direction and support to the maintenance and projects teams in relation to the civils assets and associated systems and to ensure the safe reliable and efficient operation, maintenance, and development of the railway.
- Contribute to the production and on-going development of asset maintenance strategies in line with ISO55000 and to the implementation of the strategy.
- Oversee design of civil assets and their construction on site, ensuring all installations are compliant with specifications, standards and best practice.
- Undertake safety inspections and site acceptance testing of new and modified assets. Review Project documentation pre / during / post Project completion.
- Investigate and review best industry practice in railway construction and maintenance (e.g. from British and international standards, Amey, other light rail operations and other industries) and recommend changes to existing practices.
- Provide professional technical support and guidance to the maintenance department and the whole business. Investigate incidents with technical aspects, in operations, maintenance and projects, produce reports and make recommendations. Support the technical audit programme, including supplier audits as required.
- Set the standards and specifications for civil and track assets, components, and works undertaken on the railway.
- Review engineering technical specifications and make approval recommendations. Recommend changes in any required revisions to the DLR standards.
- A relevant engineering degree.
- Chartered Engineer or Incorporated Engineer actively working to CEng.
- Significant experience of civil and / or track engineering, including maintenance and relevant projects.
- Competent to check and confirm that works are carried out to quality standards, agreed designs and method statements.
- Competent to inspect and assess condition of railway civil and track assets.
- Competent to produce technical reports, standards, procedures, specifications, method statements, risk assessments and drawings.
- Good communications skills at all levels and computer literate.
- Confident, persuasive and professional approach.
- The ability to maintain confidentiality and display tact, diplomacy and discretion at all times.
- Detailed knowledge of railway civil and track engineering standards and their application.
- Knowledge and application of railway competency management systems and the Railways and other Guided Systems (ROGS) regulations.
As part of the Transport for London family, we offer our staff a range of competitive benefits including:
- Free travel for you and a nominated partner / family member, living at the same address, across the TfL network.
- A 75% discount on National Rail Season Ticket and interest-free loan.
- 25 days annual leave plus public holidays.
KeolisAmey Docklands recognises and actively promotes the benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to treating all employees with dignity and respect regardless of race, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief. We therefore welcome applications from all sections of the community.
This post will close before the intended closing date should sufficient number of suitable applications be received. Therefore, if you are interested in applying for this role, we suggest that you do so at the earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.