Due to our increasing success and growth, we’re growing our team of enthusiastic experts. We are recruiting for a C++ Development Engineer to join our software team.
- The successful candidate will work on the development of our next generation platform Compere, a user interface for all out products and their many use cases.
- Work in teams using modern software development techniques and tools to code, test and deliver software.
- The candidate should have a passion for solving problems and engineering solutions. They should also have a keen eye for detail.
- Become an expert in the use of the product and should have, or be able to rapidly develop, a deep technical understanding of the product, and of our industry.
- Provide support to our System and Support, Production, and Product Management teams to ensure the needs of the business are met.
- Provide technical support to customers in both the UK and abroad, to include system installation and integration.
- You will be a creative, proactive and forward-thinking experienced person. You should quickly integrate into the team and develop ideas for projects that will enhance our product portfolio.
- Proposing improvements based on your own experience and customer feedback is a natural part of this role also and is something we encourage as a business.
- You should be comfortable working alone or as part of a small team, and there will be occasional travel involved to customer sites both in the UK and abroad. This may include improving or developing product features to meet customer needs, end-user training and sales and demo support.
MANDATORY TECHNICAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE | THE ‘MUST-HAVE’S
Candidates must have more than 3 years’ experience of working in all the following areas, with evidence of regular use in the last 6 months an absolute essential:
- Strong expertise in C++ with practical experience with:
- Sockets, Network programming and configuration
- GUI Development
- 3rd party library integration
- Working with large code bases
- A good understanding of maths and physics
- Excellent written, verbal and digital communication skills. You know how to present information in a clear and concise manner that is easily digestible.
- Software version control systems – such as Subversion/GIT
- Computer Science, Electronic Engineering, or equivalent Degree Course
- Driving licence
- Valid Passport
ADDITIONAL USEFUL SKILLS | THE ‘HELPFUL TO HAVES’
- Experience of scripting in Python
- Hardware interfacing
- Up to speed with latest C++ 14/17 standards
- JUCE UI Library experience
- Cross platform development
- Knowledge of Display systems
- Audio Visual systems and hardware
- In-depth Windows OS and High-Performance PC systems knowledge
- High performance PC hardware configuration and construction
Why Work for Us?
- Competitive salary
- Private healthcare
- 23 days annual holiday (plus 8 Bank Holidays) rising by 1 day per full year service up to a maximum of 28 days
- Non-contractual profit-sharing scheme (dependent upon revenue/margin targets being met)
- Friendly, dynamic team
- Relaxed but hardworking environment
7thSense UK Head Office
2, The Courtyard
For more information, please contact us on: