Business Group Manager - Materials & Structural Integrity
Granta Park, Cambridge
We are looking for a Business Group Manager to lead TWI’s Materials and Structural Integrity Technology Group. In this role you will be accountable for developing and implementing a sustainable, profitable growth strategy for your Group via active identification of new opportunities and development of new products/services that meet industry needs, creating new business streams. You will be responsible for developing your people and building an excellent reputation for your Group through the delivery of world-class technology solutions to Industrial Members.
Reporting to the Research & Technology Director you will work in collaboration with senior colleagues within the Directorate and across TWI to deliver your Group’s priorities and goals.
The key accountabilities for the role include:
- Develop and lead the people in your Group to ensure they are engaged, managed and have the skills to deliver the Group’s strategy and plan.
- Develop and implement a sustainable, profitable growth strategy and plan for your Group based on a balanced, industry-focussed product mix.
- Lead your Technology Group to ensure engagement with its customers and across TWI to deliver the Corporate plan and meet the Group’s financial and safety targets.
- Work in collaboration with the Industrial Membership Directorate, to identify new opportunities, develop an excellent reputation for your Group by delivering solutions to Industrial Members and develop new products/services to meet industry needs.
- Design and implement an R&D programme for your Group that underpins the growth strategy and engages experts across TWI to generate IP, knowledge, data and ultimately new products and services, working with the Innovation and Skills Directorate to ensure effective use of public funding leverage.
- Develop a culture of continuous operational improvement within your Group by working with the Operations Directorate and across internal boundaries for the benefit of customers and TWI, and engaging with peers in other Technology Groups, the laboratories and support services, implementing new processes to improve business efficiency where appropriate.
Success in your application requires:
- Education to degree level.
- Experience of developing and delivering business growth via customer service excellence.
- Excellent leadership skills with a record of accomplishment of developing high performing teams.
- Track record of operational rigour, meeting safety, quality and schedule requirements.
- Experience of developing motivated teams and driving a continuous improvement culture.
- Ambassadorial skills to represent TWI with senior representatives of Industrial Members and Government funding bodies.
- Conducting yourself in line with TWI’s values of teamwork, innovation, taking responsibility, customer focus, adaptability and respect.
This position may require regular travel both in the UK and abroad.
Job Profile: Business Group Manager
Business Position: Corporate and Business Unit Management
Closing Date: Monday 1st July 2019
To find out more about TWI and our corporate culture please visit our website:
To apply, please click on the link below: