Alongside extensive development of your technical skills, you will also grow your abilities in crucial complementary areas like organisation, prioritisation, data analysis and problem solving techniques, teamwork, communication, and presentation skills.
Not only will you receive invaluable learning, development and professional experience, you will also gain a number of externally recognized qualifications.
You will graduate into an Automation Engineer position on completion of the program where we will continue your development, allowing you to grow with the business.
For the apprenticeship program we prioritize applicants eligible to government funding for their apprenticeship and for this you need to:
• Have lived in the UK or in the European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 years,
• Be a resident of the UK for the entire duration of the program,
• If you already have a higher degree, or are studying towards a higher degree, in the same field or a related one, you will not be eligible to this apprenticeship.
• Not be registered to study on a UK government funded course ending August 2020 or later.
- You will be 18 years old or older before entering an WAGO building (Summer 2021),
- 2 A levels (or equivalent) at C/4 or above in either Mathematics, IT, Physics or an Engineering related subject,
- OR have completed a BTEC level 3 engineering qualification of 180 credits which must include further mathematics,
- OR have a maintenance or Engineering HNC/D qualification - ideally with a PLC, automation, electronics or electrical bias,
- If you have received educational qualifications outside of the UK then we will require a Statement of Comparability to confirm your eligibility for the scheme. Please ensure you obtain one during the application process, through UK NARIC: https://www.naric.org.uk/naric/
- You have a deep interest in automation engineering and strong willingness to learn,
- You have a desire to learn practical workshop / tool usage skills,
- You are able to read, understand and communicate in English, interact and engage comfortably with people at all levels of the business,
- You can follow a list of guidelines and instructions (verbal or written) to deliver results and meet deadlines,
- You have a hands-on attitude, flexible, adaptable and proactive,
- You aim to attain impeccable customer service, great customer facing skills,
- You seek and respond well to feedback,
- Experience (or a willingness to learn and practice) working to appropriate health & safety standards and regulations.
- You have flexibility in working hours and shift patterns to provide cover for operational requirements.
For more information on WAGO visit https://www.wago.com/gb/ and to apply please send your CV to email@example.com (Ref Automation Engineering Apprentice Role)