Job Title: Automation Engineer, Sidcup
From a secret recipe to a bold idea and very proud traditions, we build the future. Coca-Cola European Partners (CCEP) is a major fast-moving consumer goods business in Europe and the world’s largest independent Coca-Cola bottler. Across 13 countries, our employees make, sell and distribute the world’s most loved drinks brands to more than 300 million people. Some of the brands you will find in our portfolio are Coca-Cola®, Fanta®, Powerade®, Glaceau Vitaminwater®, Monster® And Capri-Sun®.
Leading brands, great people and a focus on (personal) growth that comes with it.
Do you like to be able to influence and make a difference? Does a fast paced environment suit you?
Do you enjoy working in a multi-functional environment with a desire to succeed?
At CCEP, we want to provide a workplace where people are inspired to be the best they can be. We know that engaged, motivated employees, working to their full capacity and able to reach their personal career goals, are a critical part of our Company’s long-term success.
Electrical Automation Engineer, Sidcup
Salary + Flexible Benefits + Share Scheme + Pension Plan
What you become part of:
Sidcup Operations plays a pivotal role within the CCEP network, producing around 50% of the GB SKU portfolio. The site offers a one stop shop to the GB Market with a range of packages that are single sourced from Sidcup, such as Aseptic products and the wide portfolio range of small cans. Across their 10 manufacturing lines the site can produce 360,000 cans per hour, 132,000 PET bottles per hour and 48,000 Glass bottles alongside Pouch production for Capri Sun. There are currently around 270 employees across Manufacturing, QESH and Engineering, experience here can lead to excellent career opportunities both in Sidcup and further afield across other GB sites and Pan-European locations.
What to expect:
The Electrical Automation Engineer is responsible for the electrical, automation, and industrial network systems in our production and warehousing facilities. You will be tasked with maintaining our production and warehousing facilities within the scope of these responsible areas, and for supporting and implementing improvement projects as appropriate.
The Automation Engineer will be responsible for the following systems of their local site:
o High Voltage (HV) supply, distribution, and transformation network on site. Responsibilities include overseeing maintenance performed by specialist third parties and planning outages around production requirements
o Low Voltage (LV) distribution network on site. The Engineer will oversee the routine maintenance and project work on this network, from the main distribution from the substation through to final point of use.
o Provide support to on site electrical maintenance and repair technicians, and supporting breakdown resolution and remediation as required, as well as assisting in delivering Site Efficiency Targets.
o A strong understanding of PLC systems on site, primarily Siemens based (S7-300, S7-400, and S7-1500) and HMIs (Siemens based). Allen Bradley Control Logix and B&R Xenon screens. Engineer should be able to troubleshoot faulty code and identify external faults through software.
o A good ability to perform modifications and upgrades, and ability to manage and oversee external specialists performing advanced changes.
o Performing ad-hoc backups of all automation systems as required and monitoring and maintaining automated backup systems (Lineview)
o Additional automation systems include Robots – Kuka & Fanuc, Safety PLCs, PLCs from other leading manufacturers as may be present at site (E.g. B&R), print and apply systems, SCADA (Wonderware, Siemens, etc.). Knowledge in these systems is highly advantageous.
· Industrial Networking.
· Debugging and resolving network problems on machine level networks (e.g. Profinet) and site wide networks (TCP/IP, TSN, etc.)
· Installing and maintaining new systems as delivered to CCEP standards.
· Technical expertise and ability to work with and guide others on related topics such as:
· VLAN configuration.
· Firewall rules and setup. This includes identifying firewall rule changes and completing requests for changes by our third parties.
Skills and Experience:
· Familiarity with all pertinent internal CCEP Standards including, but not limited to standards related to: HV electrical, LV electrical, automation, networking, cyber security and machinery safety topics.
· Expertise and experience in automation technology in the FMCG (Fast Moving Consumer Goods) environment and an ability to provide leadership and guidance to onsite technicians and contractors
· Ability to communicate at all levels with onsite personnel and as such should have good communication skills including an ability to tailor the message to whichever recipient they are talking to
· Ability to identify non-compliances in the existing installation base with a view to plan future improvement work.
· Be able to identify requests which would conflict with safety requirements and be able to explain their reasons for not proceeding with requesting activities in an inclusive and profession manner.
· Provide guidance and expertise to central project and engineering teams. This includes partaking and supplying information for audits and reviewing project plans to ensure their appropriateness for installation considering the existing site layout and infrastructure.
· Provide support and coaching to on site Technicians and apprentices.