Croydon is the head office of Mott MacDonald with over 1000 staff engaged on a fantastically wide spectrum of projects. We are a few minutes’ walk from public transport hubs with extensive networks making working here attractive to staff from all areas locally.
Our people have diverse skills and really make a difference. Our office is dynamic and vibrant with an active sports and social club; staff also take part in activities to support schools, local and national charities. We have strong connections with the local community.
The highways & infrastructure team is involved in a wide range of projects ranging from master planning & site appraisal, feasibility studies, detailed design and supervision across broad range of skills including highways, utilities, drainage, flood studies, external works, LRT and rail civils. You will be able to contribute to the growth and expansion of our skill base and capabilities. We are looking for a Principal or Associate Infrastructure Engineer to join the team.The team has a varied an interesting portfolio which provides a fantastic opportunity to further your career, as we actively encourage career progression.
This position can be offered on either a full-time or a part-time basis.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate, and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture.
As an Associate Infrastructure Engineer you could be working on highways, LRT, rail civil, drainage and utilities projects. You will be expected to combine managerial leadership and technical responsibilities, promote a collaborative approach & inspire the team to deliver projects to quality, budget and timescales.. The role carries a high degree of autonomy and responsibility. To apply now click here.
Associate Engineers are responsible for:
- Managing the planning, design and implementation of highway / infrastructure projects
- Promoting & ensuring adherence to H&S policy & procedures
- Leading a portfolio of projects, ensuring delivery to client requirements of standards, programme and budget
- Providing specialist technical leadership
- Controlling project resources and monitoring against budget
- Preparing and managing work programmes to deliver to deadlines
- Developing and maintaining excellent client relationships
- Leading on bid proposals and submissions
- Active involvement in business development
- Mentoring and developing junior staff
- Developing BIM capability & leading implementation
The following aspects would be beneficial:
- Degree qualified in civil engineering
- Chartered (or possibly Incorporated) Engineer – ICE or IHT
- Demonstrable record of successfully designing and delivering highways & infrastructure projects
- Proven experience in managing & leading project teams
- Demonstrable experience of planning and monitoring project programmes, costs and resources ensuring delivery to time and budget
- Previous experience in preparation of fee proposals and bid submissions
- Demonstrated commercial and financial competency
- IT and standard industry software skills, including knowledge of BIM
- Ability to communicate confidently and professionally with all levels of staff and clients (written and verbal)
- Contribute to business development & development of client relationships
If you would like to apply for this role please click here.