Job Title: Technician ASRS - Edmonton
Are you looking for new challenges and personal growth within Coca-Cola European Partners? Then we have a great opportunity for you.
ASRS Technician, Edmonton
Shift Based – 4 on, 4 off. Days & nights.
Salary Competitive + Bonus + Flexible Benefits + Share Scheme + Pension Plan + Car Parking
What you become part of:
Edmonton Distribution Centre is a 24/7 operation, our Automated Storage and Retrieval System (ASRS) warehouse holds over 25,000 pallets, with a typical annual throughput of one-and-a-half million pallets. Every 24 hours we expect to receive around 2,000 pallets from the on-site manufacturing operation, directly into the ASRS, as well as handling around 200 vehicle movements. Inbound vehicles arrive from our other factory sites, with palletised goods which must be put away promptly and safely into the ASRS and accurately recorded. At the same time, orders of full pallets will be pre-assembled into gravity racking and side-loaded on third party haulage vehicles, for dispatch to our customers and other sites across our network.
What to expect:
In this role you will be working alongside an engineer playing an active and important part of the overall supply chain operation. Key responsibilities include:
- Safely maintain machinery, within an automated warehouse. To ensure required outputs are achieved in performance case fill and CRS targets
- You will be required to drive efficiency and effectiveness through supplying technical support to execute product/equipment changes and critical cleaning processes. The role will require you to manage an advanced maintenance plan through completion of all asset care tasks ensuring all relevant KBI’s are met. This will involve effective use of our Central Maintenance Management System.
- Our engineers complete both preventative and corrective maintenance to ensure that all parts of the warehouse remain fully operational.
- This role requires you to be able to work at height and form part of the safety rescue team.
- Drive Operational Excellence/Functional Excellence through Technical expertise, sharing best practices with colleagues. We operate in a Continuous Improvement environment which will involve the successful candidate being able to innovate and improve upon existing processes and systems.
- Follow site safety best practices to ensure safe-working for self and to protect the safety of colleagues to demonstrate zero accident behaviour.
Skills & Essentials:
- Strong knowledge of Mechanical and or Electrical engineering
- HNC preferable in a relevant subject (proven extensive work experience would be considered)
- Completed a formal Engineering apprenticeship.
- Good working knowledge of PLC’s (Alan Bradley would be advantageous)
- You will be required to work at height – up to 100ft.